A3/S3 Dash Beep Survey

HTC

Reaction score
Website
www.b3ta.com
Do all A3/S3 dashes have that annoying BEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! when the fuel runs low or if there is a warning indication?

Any models with a nice soft bong?

I have a cunning plan.

adder.jpg

I have a two second long beep, I could kill someone in that time.

So annoying... cunning plan?

Thinking of de-soldering the beep device. Threatening it, stamping on it, throwing it in a fire, feeding the ashes to a pig, turning the pig into sausages and then eating them - in the hope the "Oi! You! Give me 50 press-ups" beeeeeeeep will not return.

I then want to replace it with a nice pleasant "um, excuse me if it's not too much trouble" bong from a golf, audi or whatever.

Lol id much prefer a bong....

The a3 dash does have a bong as it can be tested with vag com, but i believe it is only used if configured for usa and it bongs if you leave the key in the ignition

Beeeeeeeppppppp ****** Beeeeeeeepppppppp.

It actually makes me jump when that goes off if i'm nice and relaxed cruising along to work in the morning...

S£;628810 said:
Beeeeeeeppppppp ****** Beeeeeeeepppppppp.

It actually makes me jump when that goes off if i'm nice and relaxed cruising along to work in the morning...

I agree! Lol! It's scared the shiiiite outta me a few times! I'd definitely like a BONG noise, so if anyone figures out how to do it I'm sure we'd all be very interested to hear! :laugh:

It's a shame about this beeping bull... You'd be probably looking at reflashing the related controller after reprogramming it. Really bugs me also and I always try to make sure that I fill up the tank and the window washer tank.

The guy who though of this sound must be hanged from the tallest tree.

It's a shame about this beeping bull... You'd be probably looking at reflashing the related controller after reprogramming it. Really bugs me also and I always try to make sure that I fill up the tank and the window washer tank.

The guy who though of this sound must be hanged from the tallest tree.

Haha if i was on the development team for the cluster i would make it louder and higher pitch... Then just program mine to bong quietly just to annoy everyone else

lol replace it with a recording of someone shouting: PETROLS RUN OUT **** HEAD! GET OFF BOOST!

Next time you go on an aeroplane, steal the little speaker that makes the bong noise of someone pressing the help button..

mind you thats just as annoying!

If you think the A3/S3 one is bad, try owning a Passat which insists on reminding you your car is due a service in 2000miles, so between 2000-0miles when the service indicator starts flashing, you get the stupid beep everytime you start the car up!

My brother's BMW has a bong exactly like a plane. I do want that sound in my car. Worst case scenario, I'm just going to poke a screwdriver through the thing behind the dash. I'd rather have no sound than that beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

I'm definately going to look at this soon.

Mate, if you find the place where the bleeding beep comes from, let us know, as I'm at a stage where I'm ready to do the same to mine... A huge warning icon on the dash is more then enough for me.

It's the low washer fluid that always creeps up on me, it's always a relief to see the washer symbol flashing at me and nothing more serious.....pheeeww !!!!!!!

So HTC you come up with anything? With your help I took the clocks apart to find that its just a normal speaker that makes all the noise i was going to shread the cone to bits but didnt have the heart!

Wrap it in tape to deaden it? Would make it a little softer!