Avus Silver S3.. How rare?

bowser134

Reaction score
Im after an S3 in this colour but never see any for sale.. Were they a limited colour or something?

very rare colour,

i paid way too much last year for my one buts its fully loaded , satnav tv , and its 52 plate think they only made them for 1 or 2 years in this colour

I have an S3 in Avus. I also paid over the average pice for it 18 months ago. But worth it as it is fully loaded with the options.

Found it by chance, never seen another one on the road in this colour, only one or two on the net.

Love the colour! its pearlescent and changes very nicely with different light conditions.

I have considered selling it, but only at a reasonable price.

They are quite rare and in the 2 years I was looking for mine, i think i saw one or two come up for sale, but at very silly prices....to be honest, i dont think a colour can justify such a high price though, however they do look good!!!

I bought one a few months ago and love the colour, especially when the suns going down. It was actually cheaper than a couple of others on the market at the time so wasnt a hard decision!

Its just a bit of a shame that most of the new Audi's on the roads today are in this colour now!

Ive seen loads of Dolphins....i think my best swimming experience with them was in Mexico....oh sorry, you are on about colours!! :nyah:

I own an a3 originally factory painted in avus silver. This colour was an option only available for s-line & s3 (late 2002->6/2003).

I really love this changing colour, not boring as my previous silver.

cheers for your comments Nilz, useful as always:friends:

I didnt realise that the Avus was not a normal silver:shrug:

NO probs Animal :)

Yea normal silver is for normal people like me :jump:

unsure AVUS, when i was searching in January there were only 2 Dolphin greys in the country...that i could find via the tinternet.....thats pretty rare

unsure AVUS, when i was searching in January there were only 2 Dolphin greys in the country...that i could find via the tinternet.....thats pretty rare

have a look now and ul c what im talking about!

Jimmeh and Tormaline have the most rare colours for the S3.