DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

Sorry about the quailty, there from my phone! Camera pics yet to uploaded!!

nice pics mate. love the way that golds bonnet held up by a lucozade bottle!

Niice.

Any photos of your beast, Scott?

The 8p A3 is lovely. Sure it's a member on here, isn't it? (also a member on Detailingworld.co.uk iirc)

Some good pics there. Nice cars and you're lucky with the weather!

Tell me about it!! was raining on the drive over then sun all day when we arrived :)

Was quite impressed with the amount of engine conversions kicking about (mainly golfs and lupos with s3's in them)

Got some pics on my camera of a 450bhp twin turbo mk4 r32 golf. Was MINT!

Unfortunately my beast was about half a mile away form the show in a muddy field (didnt realise how big harewood house grounds were) so had to do a bit of walking... Gunna get some pics up of mine when the H&R's go on this next week!

Tried a spot of drifting on the way out in a massive wet grassy field. Was quite fun to say the least. Quite surprised how far you can step the back out to say the fronts are doin most of the work!!

Niice.

Any photos of your beast, Scott?

The 8p A3 is lovely. Sure it's a member on here, isn't it? (also a member on Detailingworld.co.uk iirc)

Thats me mate, thanks.

Great pics.

i was there too was a good show. was that R32 the black one with BBS CH's?

i camped over on the saturday night, i got a bit wet and didnt get much sleep. Had a great weekend though.

Roll on Next year :D

Damn - forgot about this. I've been last couple of years, seems to be a good show although last year was a wash out.

What am I on about. I wouldn't have been able to get there even if I had remembered.

Cars looking sweet Mikey!!! i want ur rims!!!

Yeh thats the 1 Gav, black with CH's. The guy was sooooo young... couldnt believe when he said it was 450+bhp!

Ill upload my better photos tonite!!

was the owner of the R32 the young lad in the overalls?

yer thought it was his, yer he wasnt old like was he. cannot have been much older than me (24)

Deffinately no older than 24. He looked like some wizz kid off fast and furious that shoulda been driving a s2000 or summat! lol. Awesome looking machine though.

He 'quoted' to me and my mate 'Im getting the longer gears intalled so i can do 205mph in 6th'... The guy was a legend!!

Wunder what the stats are to a 450bhp r32?? quicker than a same powered 911 turbo??

450bhp sounds Impressive till you bear in mind thats from a 3.2litre 6cylinder engine with TWO turbos! Bear in mind alot of the 20vT boys are getting a fairly reliable 400bhp+ from their smaller capacity 4cylinder lumps and its not as Impressive. Still a good bit of kit tho, Guessing it was one of ARPs setup?

205mph in 6th is an interesting thought in a Golf, theoretically the gearing could be made to allow for it, Im just dubious about aerodynamics and downforce issues etc

Sounds like an alright show, I totally lost faith in the VW Scene over the last few years, remember the 1st E38 show and that was attracting some Tools SnapOn would be proud of! Ill be at VW Action that Weekend making use of the Strip!

Where is he getting the additional 400hp then to do his 205mph!!??

Its been digging at me more and more, that VW Golf with the W12 pushing out 650bhp was geared for that sorta speed but physically couldnt get there from memory (and that did have diffusers and lots of downforce inducing features)

Sounds like an alright show, I totally lost faith in the VW Scene over the last few years, remember the 1st E38 show and that was attracting some Tools SnapOn would be proud of! Ill be at VW Action that Weekend making use of the Strip!

How is E38 these days? I'm planning to go as its <5 miles from me, but I'm not up for going if its full of boy racer chavs?

So what you saying Ryan?? you could get more out of the golf if a 20vt can run 400bhp+?? Thats what my mate said when he said itll do 205, in that a car like a 911 turbo could only just get 200mph where as the r32 is as aerodynamic as a brick! lol. Show was ok, nowt special and deffinately not worth the 12 quid in!!

Edition 38 is very "scene". It's a show with many different types of people. If you are only interested in the cleanest cars then don't bother. You also get rusted rat look pin striped motors and people with tattoos & flat peaks on their caps.
I personally love it. I like to see what weird and wonder full ideas people come up with. Some of the stuff is bonkers, but brilliant.

450bhp on a twin turbo setup will make an awesome street car. Quick spool and loads of torque, something the 20vt guys only dream of.

E38 is the UK's best dub show IMO. A must. Im camping this year as hotel prices have cottoned on and are charging silly amounts.

does anyone know what size the rims were on the grey audi a3 (mike k)? and am i right in thinking they are bbs ch????

Chez :rockwoot:

does anyone know what size the rims were on the grey audi a3 (mike k)? and am i right in thinking they are bbs ch????

Chez :rockwoot:

Mikes usually on the 8p forum so you'l be able to catch him

So what you saying Ryan?? you could get more out of the golf if a 20vt can run 400bhp+?? Thats what my mate said when he said itll do 205, in that a car like a 911 turbo could only just get 200mph where as the r32 is as aerodynamic as a brick! lol. Show was ok, nowt special and deffinately not worth the 12 quid in!!

That first part of your sentance makes no gramatical sense mate! If your getting 400bhp out of a single turbo 1800cc, Id be wanting a 3200cc twin turbo to be putting out more than 50bhp more (Bear in mind the 6pot lump is known for being fairly heafty!) Still an awesome car on the road as has been said, just sounds underpowered for the work

How is E38 these days? I'm planning to go as its <5 miles from me, but I'm not up for going if its full of boy racer chavs?

Last check it was full of 'Scene Gods' building chequebook cars, Students ratlooking perfectly good Mk3 Golfs and lots of metrosexaul blokes driving Polos. Alright if you like that sorta thing, alot of my mates seems to do Action on the Saturday for the mad party then nip down to E38 so see if much is going on on the Sunday.

E38 is the UK's best dub show IMO. A must. Im camping this year as hotel prices have cottoned on and are charging silly amounts.

Id still hold Inters as the best 'Dub' show for watercooled stuff, but real 'Dubs' with aircooled lumps it used to be BugJam but thats lost the plot a bit now (May as well have been called E38 Jam the amount of Golfs etc there) think Action is great cause its more of a chilled atmosphere plus you have the DragStrip offering RWYB!

Should always camp too, its part of the fun for me! Ive been all over Europe at air-cooled shows camping in the most random of places, love it!

Camping is free..........unlike some other shows I could mention. Probably have more of a laugh anyways with the music etc.

Well in reality camping at BugJam is free, you just pay for your admission as everythings included :p

I love the scene stuff. I seem to leave my practical head behind. Makes no sense but I love it. Kinda like certain forms of art. The definition being it serves no other purpose that that of being something to look at and ponder.

Wasn't talking about santa pod btw.