I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS!!!

Ess_Three

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Anyone that saw my car at GTI International would have seen that I am now sporting a new set of wheels:
33526090-80a4-02000180-.jpg

These are another set of BBS RSIIs, but custom powder coated as shown...:
32732576-0166-02000180-.jpg

These are a pewter coloured centre with a sparkle clearcoat, and a polished titanium finished rim. A very expensive finish...and the completion of a long nurtured project. My pride and joy's.

Anyway...sporting my new wheels (which have only been on the car for a matter of days) I drop the car off at the dealer late Tuesday afternoon for a spot of warranty work (including the replacement of a track rod end and the subsecuently required full alignment) and a full service.

Upon collecting the car today, what do I find?

3 nice Optiflex leg sized chunks out of my nice shiny titanium rim finish...not F***ing happy.

But wait...it get's better...not only did they manage to wreck one wheel...they carried on and achieved a clean sweep...every wheel damaged. Chunks of powder coat missing.
Not impressed.

After remonstrating furiously with the service staff (one of which informed me that it "was a soft finish I'd had done" - a bad choice of phrase & bad tming, I feel) it transpires that the damage was known to the service manager type chappie last night, but they never considered it appropriate to inform me of the 'slight' problem today upon my arrival at the dealership.
Instead, it was obvuously deemed appropriate to say nowt and hope the problem / customer went away. I think not.

Surprise, surprise, the service manager type chap was nowhere to be seen...despite me threatening to implant my size 10s up someone's posterior should the offending manager not be brought before me immediately to answer for his / his employees incompetency.

Upon being promised that service manager type chappie would ring me immediately and give me his fullest attention upon his return...I left.
Without paying my bill.

The home phone has not yet rung.
Neither has my mobile.
They have both numbers

I am still causing a nuisance to high flying commercial aircraft such is the elevated status on my mood at the present.
The phrase "light blue touch paper and retire" could have been written for me at present...

I don't think I have ever been so angry. Someone is going to end up f**ked over this matter. Proper f**ked.

Dude thats is SERIOUSLY [censored]! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif What W*nkers!
Make them pay for redoing them and free service .etc for the inconvenience! ****** idiots. Go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif on the most expensive car on their forecourt!

Rich

I had that done to me too, but at an AA garage

Just had my S3 rims fully refurbed and tyres got put back on the car and one alloy had been scuffed on every spoke, so I had to get it refurbed again like an idiot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

At the time it just looked dirty and thought it was the tyre glue crap............but no!!!

I could not prove it was them as I only really properly noticed it when I got home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Jesus, I was looking at the pics on the GTI international post and thought those wheel look ****** sweet. How incompitent are they for [censored] sake! I wouldn't have kept my cool i'm afraid in that situation! I'd have gone fkin mad. I expect they are going to pay for a refurb / New rims?

Glen, i feel for you mate.

Nothing, and i mean Nothing F's me off more than someone else damaging MY well cared for and looked after property.

What a complete bunch of *****.

No ****** respect thats the problem, just another set of wheels, will be the attitude of the muppet. To think they let these idiots loose on our pride and joy , not to mention cars worth considerably more ££. The mind boggles.

Lets hope they pay up eh Glen, or I take it there'll be a very angry Scotsman in the vacinity of expensive motors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif not a good situation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

A bit off track I know, but at least you could get your ****** alignment done.

My local dealers are that incompetant that they cant do it as they reckon its too low, its only lowered 30-40mm ***.

That is [censored] to be fair.

Well out of order.

What have they done? kerbed them? or taken them off and had them face down on the floor?

Hmmmm... buyer beware and all that, but not an uncommon problem when one isnt doing the job oneself!

Well, my advice would be:

1. Don't pay the bu99ers a penny of what you owe (if any) to them.

2. If the wheels were 'as new' (un-refurbished) obtain a quote for new ones (inc tyre fitting/balancing etc.) or if 'as new' (refurbished) obtain a quote to re-do them (inc tyres etc.). Make sure the quotes are in writing.

3. If the garage/dealer refuses to accept liability in the matter and make ammends of their own accord SUE THEM IN THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT OF YOU LOCAL COUNTY COURT!

The law (tort) is quite clear on this. A person causing personal injury or loss to another is liable for such financialy, particularly if a duty of care is owed by them to a third party.

I would try softly softly with them in this first and then bring on the law. Best thing is, you can get a solicitor to do all this for you and the garage will end up paying all your fees if they contest and are found liable!

Happy hunting!!!

dont pay the bill.

take them the reciepts for the recently completed custom finish work and they can write you out a cheque to pay for it to be done again.

I absolutely fecking love those wheels as standard but in that finish they are as sweet as alloys can get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

foking [censored] give them hell mate make them pay for new wheels and some cash for pi#sing you about
good luck mate

id have said new wheels too, but Glens are not an off the shelf finish. They are custom.

sorry to hear ya probs bud - hope the incompetent Tw*ats sort you out a fair return......I'm peed off with a VW garage for crap inspection and customer service (slightly diff scenario) so I know how it feels to be ignored and frustrated, as it's not their own property they go home not givin a cr*p!!!!!!!!!! So not fair!.............get ya blood pressure checked man lol - mine was THROUGH THE ROOF after all the trouble from this insurance malarky with me! good luck, be persistant!

Glen.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif First of all, those rims are ****** gorgeous dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

And I am SOOO Saorry to hear about what happened, there is simply NO EXCUSE. And if you aren't satisfied (and SOON) I'd recommend calling someon'e boss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Hope ya get it sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

it's the only thing you worry about when someone else has the keys to your car. Your wheels that you try so hard to keep nice and free from scuff's.

You can't trust anyone to look after your car as carefully as us all, it's bad enough when you damage them yourself, it takes weeks to get it out your head.

I done mine myself at Mc' Donalds the other day, after 7 months without hitting a curb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif one is bad enough, let alone all four.

Hope you get it sorted out.

I back up what all have said already. If you still aren't getting your way, do what someone else on here suggested: Go into the dealer on a beautiful saturday when the showroom is chock full of ready customers (it even helps if a couple of them are ready to sign their papers) and raise He##. Let everyone in there know what the incompetent idiots did to your car, and I assure you that they will get you taken care right away!
Good Luck with it man!
-Brad

PS, those truly are some of the best lookin rims I have seen

I'm sure the stealers would have some kind of insurance policy which ensures that any damage to customers cars when in their possession would be covered?
Sorry to hear your unfortunate story, best of luck to you.

[ QUOTE ]
Stealth said:
I'm sure the stealers would have some kind of insurance policy which ensures that any damage to customers cars when in their possession would be covered?
Sorry to hear your unfortunate story, best of luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Insurance be bu99ered!!! They are liable for his loss and MUST pay (or he can get a court order to send the ballifs round to size goods to their value /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif)!!!

I do like the idea of going round there when they're really packed and just kick off in public - BIG TIME !!!

I'm a bit paranoid now as when I take mine in for the bumpa they are transferring it from Teesside Auid to Newcastle (for some weird reson) anyway I hope that they take it on the transporter! I might even take some pics of the wheels before and check em straight away when returned!

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
I'm a bit paranoid now as when I take mine in for the bumpa they are transferring it from Teesside Auid to Newcastle (for some weird reson) anyway I hope that they take it on the transporter! I might even take some pics of the wheels before and check em straight away when returned!

[/ QUOTE ]

Put a newspaper with the date visible by them to prove the condition at that date - the bu99ers would only cry 'fake' otherwise!

One thing I have is a little chart with ever blemish and scrape (inc wheels) on and when ever it goes in, I show it and make a big point of telling them I know every inch and every scratch n chip personally (as they pi$$ me off when I wash n wax my baby!).

[ QUOTE ]
4SilverRings said:

One thing I have is a little chart with ever blemish and scrape (inc wheels) on and when ever it goes in, I show it and make a big point of telling them I know every inch and every scratch n chip personally (as they pi$$ me off when I wash n wax my baby!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff! I don't want to sound extreme, but then it's my pride and joy, so I shouldn't settle for anything less really should I? I'm also tempted to ask if I can keep my old bumpa hehehehe - just as a spare etc etc I dunno........

I took care of the 'making a commotion on a lovely sunny day' bit, yesterday.

I'm still waiting for the phone to ring though...

I think I'll go and find some wasps to annoy in order to receive a good stinging - that should assure me of a foul humour and elevated mood similar to yesterdays, prior to the manager type calling me - if he calls!!

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
I took care of the 'making a commotion on a lovely sunny day' bit, yesterday.

I'm still waiting for the phone to ring though...

I think I'll go and find some wasps to annoy in order to receive a good stinging - that should assure me of a foul humour and elevated mood similar to yesterdays, prior to the manager type calling me - if he calls!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave the wildlife alone and find out the cost and time it will take to fix your rims - same effect without upsetting your local treehuggers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Shame to hear about the rims Glen, but can I suggest in future that you do as I do, scuff all the rims then you wont notice if someone else does it as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Ok so I haven't scuffed my rims myself, that was taken care of by their previous owner.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Funny you should mention that mate...A few weeks back my car was in for minor underside repair and i was given a car whilst they were fixing it...It was a new A3 tdi so i was driving around in it comparing it to my tdi Quattro when what do i see/hear some [censored] with windows down blasting my stereo driving around the town /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
So instead of heading back to the stealers i followed him and he seemed to be loving it ([censored] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif) drove up to 90mph in a 50 zone then headed right back to the stealers and went right round the roundabout then back out for [censored] lap 2!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
As before i followed him and was right behind him whilst he eventually pulled into the stealers and i opened up a full 20 cans of woop-*** on him and the serv manager and never topped up the car i had and got the minor repair for zip-zero.

Back on topic,
I'm really sorry and angry to hear what happened to your pride and joy mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
I hope your happy with the outcome!!

I must confess I did a bit of damage the other day to an alloy on a volvo with a puncture. I said I'd sort it for the mechanics as they were all busy. I sat it on the machine and didn't notice it wasn't sitting totally flat. As I spun the wheel on the machine the arm that takes the tyre off just caught the weight on the outer rim (who sticks those on alloys!!!!) and it slid round on the wheel for a few inches before I stopped it. I was lucky though, the wheel was badly scuffed anyhow and I managed to smooth out the score mark. That said, all I could think about was what I'd say if it was my wheel!

the manufacturer states that the vehicle when presented for geometry check/adjust should be fitted with its original wheels,standard ride height and tank full of fuel.attaching a clamp to an alloy wheel is always a dodgy process but with a soft powder coated finish it must be near impossible to do without leaving a mark of some description.i am not sticking up for the garage in any way but am a believer of prevention better than cure.no way would i have left those gorg alloys on for an alignment job.

I can empathise. These people do not realise how much heartache wheel damage causes to the serious enthusiast.
They are very expensive items but yet the most vunerable to damage.

Who's up for rubber kerbs?

[ QUOTE ]
RSW said:
the manufacturer states that the vehicle when presented for geometry check/adjust should be fitted with its original wheels,standard ride height and tank full of fuel.attaching a clamp to an alloy wheel is always a dodgy process but with a soft powder coated finish it must be near impossible to do without leaving a mark of some description.i am not sticking up for the garage in any way but am a believer of prevention better than cure.no way would i have left those gorg alloys on for an alignment job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... interesting comment, well put, and the average joe might accept it as a dealer's get out of jail card in these scenarios - but in law, BO77OX! The dealer accepted the car in a specific condition, knowing what was required by the manufacturer (and even if he didn't he should have, and as such, not knowing is no excuse/defence)for such work as was to be undertaken. Therefore the dealer has been negligent in both accepting a motor not complying with manufacturers guidelines for said work to be undertaken upon and caused further damage to said motor in breach of the duty of care owed by said dealer to the customer!

Dress it up anyway you like with as many excuses/reasons/justifications the dealer/garage are liable for ALL losses and resonable costs in recovering the loss! Ya man should sort himself out a solicitor and sue the bu99ers if they don't make full reparations of their own accord - maybe they'ed be more careful with our prides and joy!

such a shame, going on some of the comments made in this post we are getting more like the states every day. nuff said "have a nice day".

[ QUOTE ]
RSW said:
such a shame, going on some of the comments made in this post we are getting more like the states every day. nuff said "have a nice day".

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, old school attitudes of allowing others to give you a good shafting and saying please before and thank you afterwards!

Problem with the 'becoming like America' brigade is their total ignorance of what the law in the UK actually allows as compared to the States. Unlike our cousins across the pond who can sue for both loss incurred and punitive damages, we cannot sue for punitive damages (in all but exceptional cases) i.e. ask for mega bucks to punish the party causing the loss in the first place, which is the cause of the compo culture in the States! Under the various legal systems in the UK one can only claim for loss and reasonable cost in recovering that loss - so tell us all, RSW, what is soooooooo wrong in that? Or do you actually think it is okay for a others to take bleeding liberties with your hard worked for and treasured possessions entrusted to their care and having to pay to rectify damage caused by their negligence yourself?

Ya man’s wheels weren’t damaged by an act of God, they were caused by a fcukwit not exercising the appropriate duty of care whilst undertaking work he was being paid to do – and that’s bang out of order under any circumstances (except it seems on planet RSW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif).

As said in earlier posts in this thread, softly softly first to allow them to sort the problem out, so the rims are as they were when they went in – otherwise sue the bu99ers!

really sorry to hear about this Glenn, I have to say your S3 looks absolutely stunning

Yep, sorry to hear about thatl also Glen.

You don't mind these so much when they own up and offer to fix things, but that's just out of order trying to hide it. Hope you get some satisfaction out them.

bad news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

sorry to hear this...

when you leave your car in the hands of "professionals" you expect a certain level of service

that story about seeing your own car being thraped and basically "joy-ridden" is extremely worrying

i would expect a lot more respect/maturity from dealers

i guess it just goes to show that theres lots of folks who have no respect for other peoples property /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

dont let up on them and give em hell!

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
Funny you should mention that mate...A few weeks back my car was in for minor underside repair and i was given a car whilst they were fixing it...It was a new A3 tdi so i was driving around in it comparing it to my tdi Quattro when what do i see/hear some [censored] with windows down blasting my stereo driving around the town /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
So instead of heading back to the stealers i followed him and he seemed to be loving it ([censored] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif) drove up to 90mph in a 50 zone then headed right back to the stealers and went right round the roundabout then back out for [censored] lap 2!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
As before i followed him and was right behind him whilst he eventually pulled into the stealers and i opened up a full 20 cans of woop-*** on him and the serv manager and never topped up the car i had and got the minor repair for zip-zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

was this at Teesside Audi Alonzo? I wonder how they will transport my car across to Newcastle as apparently that's where it'll be repaired, if they're gonna drive it, then I'd rather take it myself it'd be easier for me - but if it's on a transporter then I'll be a bit happier. If I catch them on the roads with it like you - I will go NUTS!!!!!!!!!! How bad is that? Imagine if they fuct it or if they got a speeding ticket etc, ya can't trust anyone!

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Shame to hear about the rims Glen, but can I suggest in future that you do as I do, scuff all the rims then you wont notice if someone else does it as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Ok so I haven't scuffed my rims myself, that was taken care of by their previous owner.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

who????? me?????? only slight scratches....... easy to buff out innit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So, what's the latest on your rims and who is going to pick up the tab for them?