Need help with my Exhaust

Audi-Max

Reaction score
Im sure i posted this on here around a week ago :tocktock: oh well must be losing my mind.

Basically i have an Audi A3 1.6Sport and my exhaust is making a blowing kind of sound when the revs hit around the 3k mark or just under.
I had my brothers friend look at it because he is a mechanic and he beleives the inside of the rearbox on the exhausts has corroded and fallen apart and theres probably a hole of some sort?

Well i was hoping you guys could help me out with how much the new rearbox for the car would cost or any (excluding chavvy) exhausts for a nice sporty sound?

I got a twin rear back box for £60 on ebay and it isnt loud at all but it looks well on car...

to be honest mate looking for a new exhaust.

im just looking for someone to give me some prices on just the rear box and how much a full exhaust system would cost me.

Thanks in advance

Anyone? know the price? and would i be right sticking with the standard 1.6sport exhaust or get a custome made exhaust?

(no not a massive chavvy one)

you could get a miltek. They make a nice sound.

check on awesomegti website or on ebay

It only comes up with ones for the 1.8T and 1.9TDI i have a 1.6 sport will this make much difference when it comes to fitting it, or will it have any problems?

and whats the difference between a resonated back and a non-resonated?

1.6? I would personally stick with standard.

Resonated means it has the midbox, non-resonated is without the midbox.

A little louder basically.

yh and where would i be best off buying the standard exhaust price wise that is?

Have you tried your local motor factors or a main dealer for a price?