A3/S3 multi-function steering wheel

4SilverRings

Reaction score
Anyone got one of these jobbies either factory or retro-fitted?

I'm probably wrong but I thought only the SE came with one of these A3 Tsport and S3 both have the sports steering wheel..

My mate has the multi function (four point with stereo controls) steering wheel in his S3.

Not sure about retro fitting

It had come as an optional extra to the S3, but I do not like it as it look bulky, but like the idea of the controls on the steering wheel.........

I got one as a factory option. It's no bigger than the 3 spoke sports wheel, but pretty damn ugly in my opinion.

See pic below.

MFSW was an option across the whole A3/S3 range so finding a secondhand one could be difficult.

The current A3 option price for this item is £310, so the old shape one is going to be there or there abouts.

I like it, I want one, have we reached an agreement on whether this can/cannot be retro fitted?

Just got home and had look at my 2002 booklet, as an optional extra for an old shape A3/S3 it was only £145, sounds like a bargin when compaired to the price for the new model.

[ QUOTE ]
Little Si said:
I got one as a factory option. It's no bigger than the 3 spoke sports wheel, but pretty damn ugly in my opinion.

See pic below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you can't stand lookin' at its ugliness no more, wanna swap (a bung and a drink in it for you too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
clcollins said:
MFSW was an option across the whole A3/S3 range so finding a secondhand one could be difficult.

The current A3 option price for this item is £310, so the old shape one is going to be there or there abouts.

I like it, I want one, have we reached an agreement on whether this can/cannot be retro fitted?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the wiring it and it's relays up that's gonna by a bit of a bitch - I'll dig the part nos of EKTA and give Vagparts and a dealer a call tomorrow about price - just coz it was cheap as an option, doesn't mean it will be cheap to buy the components!

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you can't stand lookin' at its ugliness no more, wanna swap (a bung and a drink in it for you too )?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, but no thanks. It may be ugly, but I still like it.

Has anyone done this/know if it is possible?