Finally got me some S4 Avus Reps

Maz

Reaction score
I have seen them on a few S3's before but I wasn't convinced they would suit my car or not. Anyway, that all changed when I saw a few pics of them on Prawns lowered A3.

After much searching, (they are not in stock in the UK anywhere) and a two week wait I managed to get them fitted today.

Some might say boring but I think they look the part and will do so even more so once I get I get it lowered on the 22nd at APS. I've had the shocks and springs since November last year but due to lack of funds have had to wait patiently, which has been a pain but I think its all gonna come together nicely now:yum:!!!

What do you peeps think?

dsc03227gy8.jpg

dsc03208oi4.jpg

dsc03207uq7.jpg

They look really good mate and suit the car perfectly. Where did you get the from if you don't mind me asking?

Elite in Essex. http://www.elitedirect.com/ They are not listed on the site anymore but if you call them (speak to Lee) they should be able to order them. They are called Collection 114.

I like them alot, i prefere them alot more to the Standard Avus, just something different, and they're abit cleaner looking, really suit the car, however i would get some spacers and lower it down slightly if it was mine.

Does look nice tho.

Spacers are on my list but they'll have to wait, I'm having the bilstein B8's and H&R combo along with a KW Rear Tie Bar, R32 Rear Arb and Defcon 2 kit fitted in two weeks so it should hopefully tighten up things a treat!

...The OEM RSTTs are for sale if anyone is interested. I will clean them and post some pics tomorrow.

I'm having the bilstein B8's and H&R combo along with a KW Rear Tie Bar, R32 Rear Arb and Defcon 2 kit fitted in two weeks so it should hopefully tighten up things a treat!

You'll have to report back on the suspension changes Maz. I have priced them all up myself (but H&R arbs) and pending some money coming through soon will get them ordered. What mileage is on yours at the moment? Mine is on 75K so my suspension is totally shot (all sloppy).

p.s. what is the defcon2 kit...?

72k, the cars 7 years old now so Im pretty sure they need upgrading, lots of squeeks and creaks...

I wasnt going to opt for the defcon kit but whilst all the other work is being done it makes sense to save on fitting cots.

http://www.modshack.info/defcon.htm

Fast road/track anti-roll bar and suspension bush upgrade.
This upgrade makes an ideal replacemnt of the standard front lower arm suspension bushes with the very effective Defcon 2 bush kit. Fitted with this we use the MkIV Golf R32 front and rear anti-roll bars. This combination of stiffer bushes and larger diameter anti-roll bars gives far better turn in, less understeer and less body rol.

I've got the H&R springs and ARB, B8s, kw tie bars, and the geometry set to EssThrees settings and the car is totally transformed,same comfort on normal straight roads and goes round corners amazingly. I've only had them on for two weeks but I would recommend them to everybody.

I ike them, I've always thought they look better in 18s, the sunken centre caps make them look a lot nicer.

I think I paid £900 all in for mine, with new bolts, lockers, centre caps, and a set of Eagle F1's

I think I paid £900 all in for mine, with new bolts, lockers, centre caps, and a set of Eagle F1's

You should have paid £901 and got some dust caps included :)

Very nice BTW - I like the tread on F1's they look cool.

When I had mine fitted the mechanic at the tyre centre A - didn't notice the difference when they were off the car and B - said they wouldn't look that good once on.

a short time later ..........

This same mechanic was eating his words!
They look mint mate. But I'm bias!

I think they make the car look so much better.

I'd love them more if they were lighter but you can't have everything.

I paid £980, tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport.

I do love the S4 wheels..they should have been on the car from the factory! Couldn't bring myself to pay £900 for a set though; they don't look different enough to the 17s to make it worthwhile in my eyes.

:applaus:Nice work.....i think them wheels look the dogs.......
Never considered them till i saw them on prawns, it's been niggleing away ever since :hubbahubba:

Best looking wheel for the S3 in my opinion......

I do love the S4 wheels..they should have been on the car from the factory! Couldn't bring myself to pay £900 for a set though; they don't look different enough to the 17s to make it worthwhile in my eyes.

True, fair point although sometimes you have to pay over the odds to get the desired effect. Everyone has their own thoughts on how to mod their car and for me the long term goal was always keeping it in line with what it originally looked like with subtle mods and the right suspension upgrade without going OTT.

They look spot on.

Once its lowered and you get some spacers for a bit more of an aggressive stance it will look perfect imo :icon_thumright:

I was after a set of these a few months ago but was told the stud pattern wasnt the same as the S3's ?

Are the ones you guys have got 5x100?

Ta

The ones off the S4 will be 5x112 and won't fit an A3/S3 but those are reps so my guess would be they are double drilled at 5x100 and 5x112.

They have a multi-drilled stud pattern to accomodate 5x100 & 5x112.

sweet.. something else to go on my ever increasing list.

THREAD RESURRECTION!

I'm starting to give up all hope of getting these wheels for my car. I've been keeping an eye open for a while now and they are so difficult to get hold of, thinking of joining the majority and going for some RSTTs.

I am currently waiting for a quote from elitedirect.com and have only found the wheels at one other place that are quoting me £1225 for wheels and Michelin PS3s! I think I might have to get some cheaper tyres!

Also the reps I've found are ET35 which the guy said were OE....... er no, OE is ET45! I'll wait to see what Elite come up with.

Reactions: finesse
You could get a genuine used set with tyres for about £400, then spend £200 on adapters.

dude i picked up a set for £300 on here...
iphone220411268.jpg

now running pirelli Pzero rosso's. Best looking wheels for the S3 I think.
iphone220411323.jpg

Dont get RSTTs... stay strong mate and get the better wheels.

I'll stay strong mate cheers for slapping me and making me man up ;-)

What adapters did you need? I've already got wheel spacers 10/15mm which are multi drilled for 100 and 112 fitment. Will this be ok?

Oh and can you guys keep an eye out for a set of wheels for me :friends:

I still love mine, 3 1/2 years old and not kerbed one yet :)

84a84b8b.jpg

d8082c93.jpg

Now got 215/45's and ET25 all round. Ran at ET20
rear for a bit. It looked awesome, but rubber with people in the back :(

a9557fc2.jpg

I'm not running any spacers, but I would say 10/15mm would be ok. Iv got 20mm spacers for the rear but it pushed them out too much.