End of my ideas how resolve problem :(

luckystrike1979

Reaction score
Hello @ll

16804 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold

I "met" this error a long time ago and I cant kick it :(

- Catalysator cutted off ( second lambda is around 5mm far from exhaust to prevent errors because is no cat anymore )

- First lambda is brand new ( BOSCH )

- Second lambda is brand new ( BOSCH )

Guys ANY ideas ? :(

Greetings 4 @ll

Adam

er what car, miles, engone, other mods?

But its checking the efficiency of the catalyst that you have taken away. As I understand it the first lambda sensor measure the mixture of the engine and adjusts the mixture to suit. The ecu then compares the readings of the first lambda sensor with the readings of the second lambda (which should be lower) to check the efficiency of the catalyst.

So as far as I see it you have two options;
1) Put the Catalyst back in to the exhaust system
2) Get the remap modified so that it removes the second lambda sensor and thus the catalyst efficiency check

You could try moving the lambda sensor further away from the exhaust so that it is measuring ambient values in the atmosphere.

But its checking the efficiency of the catalyst that you have taken away. As I understand it the first lambda sensor measure the mixture of the engine and adjusts the mixture to suit. The ecu then compares the readings of the first lambda sensor with the readings of the second lambda (which should be lower) to check the efficiency of the catalyst.

So as far as I see it you have two options;
1) Put the Catalyst back in to the exhaust system
2) Get the remap modified so that it removes the second lambda sensor and thus the catalyst efficiency check

That's my understanding too...
I used to get it with 100 cell Cats...Milltek replaced them with 200 Cell and it was fine.

The error code means the Cat isn't working properly...as it won't when no cat is fitted.