Dipstick tube

Jay

Reaction score
Broke this when changing the thermostat, managed to get hold of a new one but it doesn't seem to go on. I thought it would just slip on but doesn't seem to clip into anything.

Is this a certain way it goes on?

I take it you removed all the old broken plastic from the lower metal section. You know, the scary bit where you try not to drop any into the sump.

I wasn't happy with how the new dipstick fitted. Indeed there was no positive click or else. It is held somewhat by the metal bracket that bolts to the inlet manifold, but previously mine leaked a little. I ended up using a small amount of silicone to secure the join

Broke this when changing the thermostat, managed to get hold of a new one but it doesn't seem to go on. I thought it would just slip on but doesn't seem to clip into anything.

Is this a certain way it goes on?

Bust mine doing the stat as well! :whistle2: The black tape I put on then is doing a fine job :undwech:

Gavin

Bust mine doing the stat as well! :whistle2: The black tape I put on then is doing a fine job :undwech:

Gavin

I'm sure the black tape must have melted with the heat.

I 've just managed to push it into place after a long drive. I think it the heat from the engine must have loosened it up a little.

Damn dipstick tube. too easy to snap.New ones need some glue to hold it in place... But i figure im likely to snap it again so haven't bothered.

Rich