Gutted!

S3 Wannabe

Reaction score
had my s3 for almost 6 months now, and despite loving every minute have missed that little bit of extra power. booked it into rk engineering for a cc remap weeks ago, have been looking forward to it and getting really excited -like a kid going to disneyland for the first time.

car is due in first thing tomorrow at rk and what happens??? put my foot down on the clutch today, -not aggressively, to pull away at a busy junction and there's this cracking/snapping sound. the clutch pedal stays down and there's bits of plastic and metal all over the floor.

basically part of the metal on the clutch pedal has broken clean off, where the clutch rod thingy (technical nomenclature is not my strong point!) connects to it (via some white plastci socket). so the clutch rod thingy has nothing to push against when the clutch is pressed, therefore i cannot put it in gear!

fingers crossed tomorrow morning i can pick up a new clutch pedal either scrap, or from audi and still make the remap appointment! will be very disappointed if not!!!!

anyone know the cost of a clutch pedal partic from audi???? and if it is the same as one's fitted in a mark 5 golf???? trying a good local scrappy first thing for a cheap solution!

:sob:

this happened too mine a week after i got mine. its an easy fix soo dont worry :) i think the parts around £30 from what i read on the net. as i got mine done under warrenty i dont really know the propper price.

happened to mine aswell, i just welded the metal bak onto the top of the pedal and bought a new clip think it was about 50p from audi.

well its been a busy but overall very unproductive day! managed to get the new pedal and clip, however had a fcuking nightmare putting it all together with that ****** of a spring! finally got it all hooked up but then discover the clutch rod seems to keep falling out of its socket as it's too short. so i've either put the pedal together wrong or it's something more serious!:think:

had to bite the bullet and do a bodge job just to get me to audi, and hopefully they'll be able to sort it today. car seems to be fine apart from the above.

my cc remap will have to wait until the end of the week!:3sadwalk:

thanks for the help as well guys!:thumbsup:

no how you feel. had same thing happen to me. not the easyest part to get to , work on.
luckly my dad was able to weld the metal lug back on. never got pedal
to sit where it sat before tho . sat that little bit higher.
hope you get it sorted.

i found it easy to do,the trick to fitting the spring is lay on your back with your head under the wheel and just push the spring hard it should pop in a piece of ****,mine did the bit which took me the longest was finding out where the pedal stop went,thats when i found out what it was for.lol

after a **** week where the car is concerned, things have finally turned out very very very very sweet! clutch slave cylinder turned out to be my earlier clutch problem and it took 2 days for audi to get the part and sort it.

finally got it to rk yesterday, and 2 coil packs failed after the map, along with the turbo hose kit which was split in a couple of places anyhow. fortunately they had a spare brand new forge one which saved me waiting for audi to get one and they only charged me 55 quid for it!

just picked the beast up and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did i wait so ****** long to get it mapped! completely transformed the car and now gives me the performance i would expect from such a good looking beast.

anyway enough talking, off to get some points on my licence........:undwech::blackrs4: