polish again

peakey

Reaction score
This Clay stuff you all use when you wax your cars can i get it from halfords or a normal car spares shop or do i need to order it.

if halfrauds dont have it and you can wait abit, get it off ebay, few quid cheaper, and its exacly the same stuff.

dont go to halfords.....they only sell the Meguiars smooth surface kit for £25, you only need the quik clay kit which some motor spares stock, AND its only £12..... the smooth surface kit has a towel with it, but isnt worth the extra

they used to do just the quick clay , from their web site it looks like they don`t do it now just the more expensive kit :(

How long does it take to clay an s3 roughly? Would it make a difference on a silver car? or is it just good on the red and blue s3's ive seen some gleaming ones in the pics section suppose they have been clayed right?

the results of using a clay bay are not visible until all the process of polishing and waxing is done. You can feel how smooth the paintwork is after using the clay bar. The clay bar removes most of the paint contaminants that make the paint rough when you run your hand over it.

it doesn't take a layer off the original paint or something like that does it?

its a light abrasive that takes everything but the paint with it........ Tar, Tree sap, Airbourne fallout etc etc..... i did the misus mini and it took me a good day to Clay and wax twice.... panel by panel..... hers had lots of black spots that wouldnt come off with tar remover so had to do loads of rubbing.... just make sure you keep the area lubed with the detailer spray and cut the clay in two before you start!!! if you drop a pice you HAVE to throw it away

What 1animal1 said. (hello mate:))

I had an MG Zr in yesterday for a full job. Required a bit of a touch up also, but more on that later....

I've always taken 'claying' for granted. "meh!". Since I've added it to my (ever expanding..) collection again, it's a step in the wash stage that simply cannot be missed..

DSC08492.jpg

The above image was the clay bar (Sonus Green..) after the tailgate alone. You can see how much yuck it picks up, you can even sometimes hear it ripping it all off. The only thing I'd suggest is keep is well lubricated. Whatever your choice of lube (I use Last Touch..), keep it drenched. Also, keep folding the clay for a clean area. Claying a panel with dirty clay can/will induce marring, which is a PITA!! :)

But it's an essential bit of kit for your collection. I'd probably clay my car, twice a year?