Insurance renewal time-AGAIN!

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Sorry its an insurance thread again!

Im up for renewal again just wondered what you guys thought of this price?

Im 19 1 Years NCB and Have an A3 1.8T Sport 1999.

Last year i payed 1500 GBP with 0 NCB ive managed to get a Year's NCB this year and Renewal has come in at 972.98 GBP

Fair price for my age?

Jason

I think they'll also put an extra dicount on as your a member of this place and it's classed as an owners club :)

I think I told you my 'points' situation but needless to say my insurance is generally expensive.

Brentacre and Adrian Flux were similar prices, but I kept phoning them up and pitting them against each other until in the end neither would budge with £3 between them.

In the end I went with Brentacre, was £800 with everything declared and my points etc.

The other good thing, in the event of problems, Brentacre will actually help you and pay out, Adrian flux are very very hard to deal with.

I've got to pay £1489.00 23yr 0 ncb fully comp with elephant, dont think thats bad really.

www.gocompare.com found these quotes alot cheaper than most.. just renuwed girlfriends, her dads and my dads cars on here and came out around 2-300 £ cheaper. depends on the age and circumstances obviously. Worth a try tho..

I was £450 with Greenlight (with remap declared). 27 and 9 years NCB though so not much use to you... Still they're another company that's 'mod friendly' to try i guess?!

Right phoned a few,

Greenlight- 21 min age
Adrian Flux- 914 GBP
Brentacre- 1086 GBP
Bell-972 GBP

So.. Afrian flux are cheapest at the moment. :D

Jason

Ring brentacre back, they will match the Adrian flux price.

Then ring adrian flux and tell them Brentacre offered you the same deal, so Adrian flux will drop their price.

I did this three times to each and knocked £270 off the initial quotes.

I have my insurance with Admiral, and they were okay about my mods including my Jabba remap:blackrs4:. Might be worth a go!

I was £450 with Greenlight (with remap declared). 27 and 9 years NCB though so not much use to you... Still they're another company that's 'mod friendly' to try i guess?!

I'll be 27 with 5years NCB when renewal is due in August. Last year I paid £592 with Greenlight so will be nice to see how much mine drops this time round. All mods declared!

wow thats some expensive insurance!

I pay £866 fully comp, that a 23yr male, med/high crime rate area, 0 ncb, accident last year, thats with elephant.

you thought about putting your excess up a bit?

mines due, im 21 3yrs no claims 3points.£780 fully comp with elephant on my s3

adrian flux is really good all round always the cheapest for me and you always speak to someone who understands you

mines due, im 21 3yrs no claims 3points.£780 fully comp with elephant on my s3

Any mods declared Danotto?

I was with elephant for a few years but had to change this year when i got remapped as they said they didn't do insurance for ANY mods which i thought was strange as Admiral do and i think they're the same company??!!

Just sold mine but the renewal price was £288.00 fully comp with Swiftcover!! I am 33 with full no claims, and get a discount through work. Oh, and the car is garaged.

I also have 3 points.:yes:

Nearly a grand? Don't think I have paid that since I was 22 and had a Mk2 Golf GTI :faint:

sounds good mate!! im payin 970 with mods declared. im 22 1yrsNCB and with greenlight.

no mods declared as i dont really have any performance changing ones,but when its remapped ill declare it and your right admiral and elephant are the owned by the same company,