S3 exhaust's

peteA3tdi

Reaction score
i am getting a S3 next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif what is the best exhaust for it i don't want 10" tail pipe's or too much noise (as it may upset the baby in the back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)thanks for your help

Supersprint (available from star performance) are becoming to be regarded as very effective for the S3. There are rather a lot of stories of ill fitting millteks to recommend them...

I've got a Magnex fitted on my S3, nice and quiet and looks ok. Most people tend to go for the Miltek but if you care to be different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Looked @ the Superpsrint today (In Halfords) They wanted 605 Pound for the Cat Backl System for S3. I thought this to be a little expensive.

Anyone got any reviews/prices on this Exhaust system.

It two choices of tailpipe designs, I did not like the one that looked different to standard looked a bit Big Bore Cr@p !

I have looked at the Supersprint and it had a one to two tail pipe which I though was very nasty. looked like something you would see on a 1.2 Nova.

I bought a Milltek from Awesome GTi. Have to say it's excellent on the sound front - not boomy just nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's only a little different in appearence to the standard exhaust which make it stealthy too, if that's important to you.

My exhaust fit right first time, but Awesome asked me to come back after a couple of weeks just to be sure.

Cheers,
Dan

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
I have looked at the Supersprint and it had a one to two tail pipe which I though was very nasty. looked like something you would see on a 1.2 Nova.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you are looking at the right system there mate - unless you were looking at the racing S3 system which has an RS6 type tailpipe.

£605 sounds a bit steep, I got quoted around the £500 mark for a cat back system.

The Supersprint exhausts looks pretty much like standard as well:

Back box
762604.jpg

Standard tailpipes
762616.jpg

or you can be different and go for the Viper style tailpipe
762667.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Supersprint (available from star performance) are becoming to be regarded as very effective for the S3. There are rather a lot of stories of ill fitting millteks to recommend them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I agree entirely David. There are certainly some stories off fitting problems with Milltek but many to the contrary too (including mine which I am totally pleased with BTW).

Most posters with Milltek here are pleased but there is a handful who are not pleased and they are quite vocal about it.

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
Audidude said:Not sure I agree entirely David. There are certainly some stories off fitting problems with Milltek but many to the contrary too (including mine which I am totally pleased with BTW).

Most posters with Milltek here are pleased but there is a handful who are not pleased and they are quite vocal about it.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a fair point Greg, although the customer service side of milltek has been distinctly poor at offering a remedy to the few ill fitting systems, which is dissapointing.

I am going to try a Sebring. Let you know what it's like in a couple of weeks after I have it fitted.

Depends where in the uk you from mate???

If you in Scotland........ Wait for it......... Yes, you should go to C&C stainless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wonder if anyone knew I was going to say that :p

Pete.

If anyone is interested, I can get the Supersprint cat back system which consists of centre pipe, rear silencer and twin 90mm tailpipe trim - all for £500 + postage.

Rear silencer and tailpipe trim will be £350 + postage.

These are the RRP prices I got from Eurostyling who are the UK's only Supersprint distributor:

762613 (centre pipe) - £177.92
762604 (rear silencer) - £307.14
762616 (twin 90mm tailpipe trim) - £134.22

Total kit cost = £619.28

SAVING = £119.28

Payment is NOT made through me but through a reputable car accessories store in Aberdeen so credit cards are accepted.

The systems can be fitted by the store in Aberdeen for an small additional fee if you so wish, therefore postage charges would not apply.

I will not be making any money out of this, just trying to save you guys some money as well.

PM me if you are interested.