Audi Car Stereo

sleeksx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i have a very strange problem, when getting into my car on cold mornings, i adjust volume, and it will hit maximum volume, giving me a little early morning fright!!!

Anyone know what could cause this? also is anyone aware of replacement stereos i can purchase, it is the concert cassette player. i have the 2000 x plate S3

Thanks!

Same as mine, if you do a search its a common problem.

I've read it can be fixed but im just living with it for now.

It is a common problem and as mentioned, it can be fixed, but for the price you can get a brand new aftermarket stereo, which maybe a better option for you

Give Stafford Audi a call, they've got loads of stereos they're selling off cheap as they're clearing out old stock. they are selling some on ebay but its definetly worth giving them a call as they were really cheap

Thanks for your help! i would be interested in an aftermarket stereo, but dont want to lose the indash display.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket stereos which is compatible with this display, and also the bose sound system?

Cheers!

In all fairness, i was worried about that, but you not really losing much in the in dash display, all of the modern stereos display everything on their screen anyway, so if anything you will probably get more info, it just wont be in the dash....once its gone, you wont even notice it...

yes i suppose but it will leave a blank spot on the computer above the temp reading and mpg figures etc. the only time this will be used will be for low fuel windscreen washers etc!