ride hight?

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
i have lowerd my s3 and was wondering what the standard hight of an s3 is as i didnt mesure it befor dropping it.
just so i can see how much its gone down by.
thanks

Starry said:
i have lowerd my s3 and was wondering what the standard hight of an s3 is as i didnt mesure it befor dropping it.
just so i can see how much its gone down by.
thanks

Try parking it next to a standard one. Someone on the forum with a standard s3 might be able to measure the distance from the wheel arch to the wheel for you....

I didn't measure mine either before the drop.

Also, check your rear camber. It's probably out now you've lowered it.
If so, you'll need some adjustable rear tie bars. They're about £300 I think.

Cheers,
Glen

Ditto on the adjustable tie bars, you'll ruin your tyres pretty sharpish if you dont add these. It'll Mess up the handling too.

i have had the camber adjusted to its max and its still a little out but the tyres seem to be wearing true after about 5k.

I was thinking the same thing, i didnt think you could adjust the rears without buying new tiebars.

I think tracking can be set (toe in/out), but not camber.

Hey sackers. I think we drive the same car.
I got a silver 2001 (facelifted) one too.

Do you have anymore photos of your car? Quite like to see what the 3.2 TT wheels look like.

Cheers,
Glen

You have great taste to then my friend :icon_thumright:

Theres a few pics on Piston heads. I was gonna sell her but ive had a change of heart. Unless i spend a fortune theres nothings else id rather have.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/373012.htm

The ad is still there but ill be taking it down fairly soon. It shows how the wheels look though. Pretty dam good if I do say so myself!

sackers said:
You have great taste to then my friend :icon_thumright:

Theres a few pics on Piston heads. I was gonna sell her but ive had a change of heart. Unless i spend a fortune theres nothings else id rather have.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/373012.htm

The ad is still there but ill be taking it down fairly soon. It shows how the wheels look though. Pretty dam good if I do say so myself!

Thanks. You too dude
Nice wheels.... they look like a bigger set of Avus'.

You were going to sell your S3? Gosh the irony of that. So was I....
I almost sold it for a Porsche 993 (with 99500 miles on the clock). I've decided against it too, as everytime I wash the car... it still looks fabulous, and a porker is just a tad too pretentions for my liking.
So I went down the BT route.

My ad is still on piston heads too... got loads of interest, but had to turn them all down unfortunately.

once i had lowered it the top of the rear wheels were pointing in and it looked very odd, after the guy played around with it they were much straighter. i assumed there was a certian amount of adjustment but you needed the tie bars to go beyond that.

Starry said:
i assumed there was a certian amount of adjustment but you needed the tie bars to go beyond that.

Your correct, there is a small amount of adjustment so it can be set up at the factory.

Just measured the distance between the top of the tyre and the highest points of the wheel arch on my "Standard S3" and its 40mm rear and about 30 - 32mm front.... i think the front is lower because of the top strut mounts compressingwith time and age...?

Front deff looks lower!

cheers jm, the problem is im running 19"s so that wont work for me i need the top of the arch to the floor. thanks anyway:icon_thumright: