Low judder/vibration at idle

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
Hi there,

Maybe it is me getting all paranoid because my A3 has been running sweet lately after an Amplifier injector failure, but at idle there is a slight/low and noticeable vibration through the brake, and the rest of the car....(I have an Auto). Also, occasionly the needle dips a little below 800 rpm at idle, nothing much, then recovers. Either way, there is still a low but noticeable enough vibration. Noticeable enough, for instance, to make the sun visor shake a little and the armrest, etc ... Nothing obvious under the bonnet I am afraid...

Is it just me, a common enough problem with a W reg or is that the/one coilpacks on there way out... :sorry:

A thought to put my mind at rest..?

Cheers folks,

Craig

Ach, maybe it is me...but defo feels a wee bit too juddery for me!

No there is defo. something wrong. It is intermittent and noticeable at idle when it happens to the point where my non-obsessive Audi fan wife even mentioned it....!!!

Any thoughts?

Clach said:
No there is defo. something wrong. It is intermittent and noticeable at idle when it happens to the point where my non-obsessive Audi fan wife even mentioned it....!!!

Any thoughts?

The air conditioning compressor kicking in will make the revs dip slightly, and a small judder will be felt.

when the revs dip, is it like it's going to cut off?

maybe throttle body need cleaning?

abdus said:
when the revs dip, is it like it's going to cut off?

maybe throttle body need cleaning?

Thought about that. I remember you sent me some info on this a while back, a summer job (if not before) me thinks.

2low4u said:
The air conditioning compressor kicking in will make the revs dip slightly, and a small judder will be felt.

Thanks for the reply, but sadly not in this case mate...

Any other thoughts welcome :icon_thumright:

idle control valve may need a little tweaking? you tried a diagnostics test for an error code?

Going to put it in for a service, will see what comes up. Just had the ignition amplifier changed at Audi too - I bet they f'd it up....! ;-(

get your engine dog mount bushes checked,if they're worn this could cause vibration on tickover.

Cheers. Will do. putting the car in for a service soon..

Problem solved: No codes on Vag com (which was good). Had the Air and Fuel filter changed at Vag techniques near Henley/Reading (excellent service) and the problem has gone.

Two possibilities: Air filter was never changed by Fontain at its last service, and air flow was disrupted. - most likely IMO
or, the fuel filter was getting clogged etc...

Thanks for advice...