new gallardos fitted

Ballcrusher

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW
Reaction score
Website
www.incar-forum.com
went down to elit tyers today in esex to have my wheels fitted but not to sure if they look wright maybe i need to get used to them ?

S36.jpg

S38.jpg

S32.jpg

S33.jpg

S3.jpg

Good to see them finally on!

Honest opinion? I think it looked better with the RS6 rims, still doesn't look half bad though, do you find the ride height too high compared to the back with the eibach springs on?, I have the same setup and feel the fronts should be lower.

They look drunk. IMHO, RS6 alloys look better.

How abouyt taking out the audi logo in the middle?

Would look a lot better if the car was level.

Everyone and their dog has RS4s and RS6s, good to be different I reckon.

I like them, they look different.

That said, you mentioned LM's. I would personally go for a set of LM's over them.... but still, they do look great.

lower at the back than the front?

Dave_Bayern said:
Everyone and their dog has RS4s and RS6s, good to be different I reckon.
Totally agree,although i do think it looked better before with the RS6's.

They look ok but a bit fussy if you know what I mean

That heavy thing on these forums amuses me.

"Hi, my names Dave, I have a sub 1400kg wrong wheel drive euro shopping cart. It has an awful chassis, bad suspension and I drive on roads 99% of the time. But I sure does have light wheels, I wouldna want 2lbs extra each corner for that would destroy my finely tuned racing machine."

Not a dig at you coullstar, merely at the obsession people seem to have. Try asking the question when you've got a 1600kg sports coupe, or something with rear wheel drive, that actually sees speeds and corners faster than legal limits.

Light wheels and improved response is going to make the most difference cornering, but come on, how many people here have actually done 90mph on a bend? About 5.

Whilst I'm on a rant, this rubbish about sending power to the rear wheels, erm yeah, the best way to do it is called rear wheel drive.

Anyways, back on topic, ballcrusher, if the car was level I'd say the wheels looked great, and good on you for breaking the boring Audi mould of f'ing RS4s.

Needs bigger brakes really though now, they look a bit lost under there, especially the rears.

Looks really nice mate! What size discs you got on there? They do look a little small, put on some nice grooved discs and it'll look sweet.

they look good, but i would say that as ive had mine on for 6 months
now:icon_thumright:

the back of the car is low due to the fact that i had all 4 rs6 wheels in the car and for some reason the front of the car went higher after i replaced the top mounts ? the reason i got the the gallardo wheels is they aint as comon as the LMs.im gonna buy a set of LM reps in a few weeks just to see if they look better if so then the gallardos will be up for sale.if i dont like the look of the LMs then ill sell them on instead.

jojo said:
Is that something you would like on yours?, because I find visibility better without the central headrest in my car, and rear passengers is a rare occasion in my car. ;)

jojo you crack me :lmfao:

haha no i dont want one, just never seen one with the three

They look ok mate, the RS6's have got too common imo. Although i think you should go for the BBS's but then maybe im biased.

there growing on me .yes it is good to see something
different to the all to common rs 4 wheel.

i was after these for mine but couldnt find them so i bought the a8's instead. i love them tho. how often do you see them around

think theres someone in this forum with
them on a red s3 .they look sweet as well

Ballcrusher said:
the back of the car is low due to the fact that i had all 4 rs6 wheels in the car and for some reason the front of the car went higher after i replaced the top mounts ? the reason i got the the gallardo wheels is they aint as comon as the LMs.im gonna buy a set of LM reps in a few weeks just to see if they look better if so then the gallardos will be up for sale.if i dont like the look of the LMs then ill sell them on instead.

Pics without the ballast then please. :)

Looks good mate, I prefer them to the RS6s.

Would look better in black or gunmetal grey IMO. BBS all the way though if you can! I'd love a set of LM's on mine.

'crusher, I think the gallardos suti the s3 real well, I can see what you mean about yours, I think it is only because you have a silver car and silver wheels. See Galardos on a red s3, they looked the nuts.

Rather than swap them out, I would consider an nice anthracite powder coat, not black, but it think a metalic anthracite woudl look awesome.

Weird that yor car sat up after the top moutns were done, are you sure they were the right ones? I remeber on mk2s years ago you could get varous versions and heights of strut stop bushes.

tints are on my list and deffo thinking about changing the colour to anthracite.im also thinking about painting the inserts on front and rear bumper plus the side trim anthracite aswell.

Dave_Bayern said:

"Hi, my names Dave, I have a sub 1400kg wrong wheel drive euro shopping cart. It has an awful chassis, bad suspension and I drive on roads 99% of the time. But I sure does have light wheels, I wouldna want 2lbs extra each corner for that would destroy my finely tuned racing machine."

Not a dig at you coullstar, merely at the obsession people seem to have. Try asking the question when you've got a 1600kg sports coupe, or something with rear wheel drive, that actually sees speeds and corners faster than legal limits.

Light wheels and improved response is going to make the most difference cornering, but come on, how many people here have actually done 90mph on a bend? About 5.

Whilst I'm on a rant, this rubbish about sending power to the rear wheels, erm yeah, the best way to do it is called rear wheel drive.

Anyways, back on topic, ballcrusher, if the car was level I'd say the wheels looked great, and good on you for breaking the boring Audi mould of f'ing RS4s.

Needs bigger brakes really though now, they look a bit lost under there, especially the rears.

When I changed my alloys on my Supra for RAYS TE37 it saved me about 8lbs per wheel, that made a hell of a difference, especially in the steering...

te37timeattack.jpg

Dave_Bayern said:

Yaaaaaawwwn....so in a nutshell, you like them?

I think they look good, nice choice.

i think that they look like the wheels off a Focus ST..

not my cup of tea, but each to there own

mikeypur said:
i think that they look like the wheels off a Focus ST..

not my cup of tea, but each to there own

Think i'd agree tbh

Look nice but a little to "big wheeled boy racer" for the S3 IMO

I think they look good mate, this forum is really OEM so aftermarket wheels dont go down to well.

A few lads on ED38 have the gallords and they look good.

If you did want to go for LM'S being as you have a silver car Black centers with the chrome dish's would look amazing.

I believe theres a group buy on Edition38..

Jason

I like them!!

If you get rid of them then PM me as I may be interested!

Will

i think they look pucker i've just order a set in 18" with falken tyres, i no there not the best tyres in the world but summer is hopefully comin so will kill them quite quick anyway.