Pro Boost Beauty....

satanmademedoit

Reaction score
Time for a bit of a rant.....

I recently bought a 210 S3, 50k hard driven miles and standard(Forge DV 007). I Am happy enough with its performance, not mindblowingly quick, gut renching stopping power or rail like handling, but nice, progressive power and overall a nice place to be!

Having previously owned several Honda Type R's, a Golf GTi's(MK3) and a Mitsubishi EVO i thought I knew the benefits of higher octane fuel. The price of the 99/100 RON recently has gone insane(not as bad in Ireland i might add) so therefore i tend to be tight and stick with run of the mill 95 RON.

After speaking to my local REVO dealer,who suggested that high Octane fuel makes a considerable difference to the 1.8T VAG unit, I decided to buy some Fuchs Pro Boost additive.

Well...... 200 miles later and i cannot wipe the smile off my face. I mean, night and day difference!!! Never before did i notice SUCH a difference, even with the EVO being way more aggressive than the S3.

Throttle respone is noticably quicker, the motor revs more freely and power is delivered with much more aggression......

Has anyone else had any experience with Octane Boost additives?

I run on v-power and yes noticed it and never will go back to standard petrol.
Octane boost additives on the other hand did nothing at all!

Tesco 99 SUL for, used to be fan of V-Power but the price is now beyond the joke, cant say I noticed any difference as I have always used it

Millers octane booster is good stuff, definate noticable difference with my car before I had it mapped for the second time.

Dave_Bayern said:
Millers octane booster is good stuff, definate noticable difference with my car before I had it mapped for the second time.
second person who's mentioned that stuff and said good things recently so must be the real deal.
Tesco super isn't on tap here

How much is octane booster? does it out weigh the cost of V-Power at 109.9/L?

Mine lurrrves V-power, seems a bit lumpy on Tesco...but maybe that's just me. Luckily there's an indepedant Shell dealer near me who doesn't take the **** with fuel price, filled up a few days ago with V-power for 102.9p. Still mega pricey when thinking back to a few years ago!

voorhees said:
second person who's mentioned that stuff and said good things recently so must be the real deal.
Tesco super isn't on tap here

I've tried Tescos 99RON stuff in one tank, which included a rolling road session at PowerEngineering. Did feel a bit more aggressive higher up the rev range, and made more exhaust noise, but showed nothing on the rolling road, average power really. Usual stuff is V-power.

Looks like I'm being robbed, either that or up in Bradford we have loads of Subarus which need v-power so they charge what they like. Either way I'm feeling a tad ****** off!