Bee sting aerial

manj

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at changing the standard bee sting aerial on my A3 (52 Plate). I am looking at changing it to a short aluminium one and am planning on chaging to S3 mirrors to match. Have any of you guys done this or do you have any pics with this done and what do you guys think about it?

Also i can't seem to remove the top part of the aerial. On my MK2 Golf you simply unscrewed the top part of the aerial, however i can't do this on my A3. Anyone know how to remove it???

Thanks.

It should just unscrew. You after something like this?...

20588-CONETOP1.JPG

or

20597-SHORTY1.JPG

Damian @ DPM

Sam-K said:
there is a guy on ebay selling s2000 aerials on ebay.. look's good much more subtle than a chrome one in my opinion!

yeah, the s2000 one is very nice :)

Yeh that one does look nice. You can also get that one in chrome. Its very similar to the one DPM has posted above.

can any1 confirm for definate before I buy. I might drop the guy a message before I click the buy button.

Yes it is the right one. Two problems with it however (1) The base does not fit flush, (2) and this fella took about two weeks to deliver to me. Other than that it looks sharp!!

So what do you guys think of the S2000 aerial in chrome finish? Dont you think it will look good and match S3 Chrome mirrors and if you look at new Audi's with S-Line trim, they certainly have a lot of silver on them.

personally dont like the chrome mirrors on an A3. Each to their own though.

Just get a black one why do you want your aerial to stand out any-way?

Jason