My S3 For Sale? Time to move on? :(

Stewart

Reaction score
Website
www.oreton.com
I've thought about it before but my hand has been forced somewhat so I really need to get a slightly larger car with 5 doors :(

So, if anyone is interested in this well sorted S3 in it's current form then give me a shout otherwise I'll return it to standard (But still with Revo, clutch and Milltek) and offer it for sale or trade it in.

As standard, 2001/X Facelift S3 with 47k miles, 2 previous owners is worth £9,500 I think.

Please DO NOT flood me with offers for the mods as I will just ignore them, IF and WHEN I return it to standard, the parts might be used on an LCR. If I go for a MK2 Leon then I will put the parts up for sale but not before.

Current spec is :-

REVO map with SPS3
Samco TIP
Forge OO7p DV
JBS Kevlar clutch (Rated at 400lbs torque, utilises DM flywheel)
Neuspeed Short shift
Powerflex bushes
Powerflex dog bone bushes
K&N cone filter
RS4/RS6 plugs (range colder)
Porsche Mk1 GT3 calipers with ECS R32 2 piece disks, Ferodo DS2500 pads
Spare R32 calipers & disks with Mintex, EBC and standard pads
Koni Coilovers (brand new in May07, lifetime warranty)
Forge adjustable rear tie bars
Recaro Speed seats (original Full Black Nappa Leather Recaro's in heated storage)
Beetle Sport Gearknob
R32 Steering Wheel
Milltek non resonated exhaust
Neuspeed ARB's
18" MTM reps with Yoko Parada Spec2's (Original mint wheels with 6mm Pirellis in storage)
LCR Splitter
OEM Sat Nav
Cruise

Here's a few pics in no particular order :-

original.JPG

The Rials have since been sold...

s3_rial_6.JPG

bigreds.JPG

s3_25-03-07.jpg

s3_25-03-07_2.jpg

s3_25-03-07_4.jpg

hmmm, bigger car..........5 doors needed..............!! Sounds like someone's gunna be a dad!! !!:)

wow! that looks amazing.

impressive mod list too, mileage?

Speaking from experience like, you don't actually need the extra doors until the children start to walk, as there is a lot more space with the front seat tilted forward, and you get a better angle for the baby seat in a 2 door car.

Once they start to walk and get in/out cars themselves, then you need th extra doors.

I was shocked recently too, as looking at LCR's, the same mileage go for more than S3s.....

EDIT - When will it be going up for sale? As I'm looking for an S3 for the missus...

Dave_Bayern said:
EDIT - When will it be going up for sale? As I'm looking for an S3 for the missus...

I'll sell it tomorrow (figuratively speaking) if someone wants it with the mods. I do want to retain my plate though.

Dave_Bayern said:
Speaking from experience like, you don't actually need the extra doors until the children start to walk, as there is a lot more space with the front seat tilted forward, and you get a better angle for the baby seat in a 2 door car.

I agree, you don't NEED a 4/5 door...but it helps.
I wouldn't want to be lifting a baby in a seat into the back of an S3 with it's plainly stupid sipping seats...so I wouldn't expect my other half to do it.

I'm intrigued Dave...

Please explain this part:
there is a lot more space with the front seat tilted forward, and you get a better angle for the baby seat in a 2 door car.

How does the angle differ between a baby seat in a 3 dr, or in the 5 door version of the same car?

I find it easier for throwing a jacket or any other crap i'm carrying into the back on a 5dr car, not to mention easier getting in and out in tight parking spaces (probably why I own 2 of them!)...so I'm damn sure it's easier to manhandle a small thing into a 4/5dr.

I just find once the seat is in, you get more space and you are then also in front of the baby when leaning over a tilted forward seat in a 3 door car.

With a 5 door, you come in from the side.

Mind, that said, I'm young (ish) and can bend ways you old crusties can't ;-)

Ahh...I see.
Because I forgot...5dr seats can't be tipped forward, can they?

More space?
In the same car?
Is it the Tardis you have?

An old crusty...at 36?
Hmm...maybe I am!

I meant more space to fiddle with babies.

Tip the seat forward and loads of room to mess about whilst giving you a front based postion for baby adjustments.

5 door, seats dont tilt and thus the only option is to come in from the side, looming over the child like the uncle with puppies.

36, yeah, you'll be having the bad backs soon :)

I agree with dave on this one,much better getting them in when its raining too as you can get in behind the folded seat and close the door when strapping them in.

People appear to have missed the 'uncle with puppies' reference too :icon_thumright:

Dave_Bayern said:

Tip the seat forward and loads of room to mess about whilst giving you a front based postion for baby adjustments.

5 door, seats dont tilt and thus the only option is to come in from the side, looming over the child like the uncle with puppies.

36, yeah, you'll be having the bad backs soon :)

The whole lot sounds sick when you look at it like that.

Ignoring the kiddie fiddling reference...

Dave_Bayern said:

Right...so you can't carry out your 'adjustments' from a side door?
How odd...you must be a vewry odd shape.

Hmm...
So you'd rather reach in and lift the child out with fully outstretched arms, trying to get the seat out past the big sports seats whilst your head is in the car and your **** waving in the breeze...
Rather than reach in through an open door and lift the baby with correct lifting posture (bend from the knees etc)?

I'm confused...

You must be the only person I've ever come accross who thinks it's easier with a 3dr car...

For years, millions of people have been getting it wrong...
How odd. :p

This very same discussion took place on uk-mkivs.net as well.

The general consensus was that as the doors on the 3 door models were longer, they therefore opened wider, or rather had a bigger opening.

Couple that with the seats sliding forward as well tilting, people (who had tried both 3dr and 5dr cars) preferred the 3 door cars...

Me and James0808 yeah, so that'll be two people in the world.

Just find it easier, doesnt make it wrong.

I'd like to see them levering their 'small thing in seat' out of the back, past the silly, bulky Recaros, whils parked in a modern tight parking space.

These sort of people must explain my I end up with 'parking knocks' as the recently de-baby'd mother ruggs at the kid's seat whilst her **** bangs the long door of her 3 door car into the pristine metalwork of mine, parked next door.
Brilliant...

really nice car Stuart..im from Preston so pretty local.

have you any pics of the interior? i want to have a look at the seats.

sorry to mention it but if you do decide to sell parts i will be very interested and can collect, cheers

Lee

I did find it alot easier to put the kids in the 3 door ibiza rather than my A4.

Ess_Three said:
**** bangs the long door of her 3 door car into the pristine metalwork of mine, parked next door.
Brilliant...

Which is why I have:

car_door_ding_prevention2.jpg

50GBP and worth every penny

campbell said:
really nice car Stuart..im from Preston so pretty local.

have you any pics of the interior? i want to have a look at the seats.

sorry to mention it but if you do decide to sell parts i will be very interested and can collect, cheers

Lee

Have a look back through my posts Lee, the pics are there somewhere, can't remember the URL's off the top of my head.

Why is it (and this happens all the time) that I can have a username of STEWART and i'll sign PM's and emails with STEWART, that people still type STUART???

Good god I find it hard to believe people would rather have a 3 door car than a 5, or a 2 and a 4, I put my friends little boy in the back of my r32 when I was driving that and it was suck a fag getting him in and out. Give me a car with rear doors any day.

My mum drives a pug 1007, she is elderly so the extra height and wide opening doors make it perfect for her and my father, and she looks after my little boy and puts him in the back of that. Even that is a pain and the door openings on that are huge. Give me Claires B-Class any day of the week for hauling Sam around in.

J.

i dont think you'll have any problem selling for 9.5 k with those mods, a very well set up car with good mods

NO, my first post says :

"As standard, 2001/X Facelift S3 with 47k miles, 2 previous owners is worth £9,500 I think."

As Standard...

The second hand value of the mods is a conservative £3200 (I have erred on the low side for each mod valuation).

So £9500 + £3200 = £12,700.

I'll be extremely lucky to find someone willing to pay that (although once you've driven it, it's hard to put your d**k back in your pants) so I would take a reasonable offer based on those figures.

I will probably end up putting it back to standard (but with revo, clutch, milltek) and selling for around £9k and selling the mods separately.

Stewart said:

I'll be extremely lucky to find someone willing to pay that (although once you've driven it, it's hard to put your d**k back in your pants) so I would take a reasonable offer based on those figures.

Good luck with the sale Stewart...
I think getting someone who is aware of the shortfalls of a std S3 to drive it will be enough for them, as you say.

I sold mine in a similar way...
Was driving it 'normally' on the way to GTI International...gave David R a drive to spell me off...and that night over a few drinks he talked himself into buying it.
Super!

It would almost be a shame for another proven good one to go back to semi-standard.
Surely someone will snap it up in full trim.
I hope so.

Stewart said:
Why is it (and this happens all the time) that I can have a username of STEWART and i'll sign PM's and emails with STEWART, that people still type STUART???

sorry Stewart my apologies

Lee

Lol, it's ok Lee, it was a general mini-rant, not aimed particularly at you but I post on 4 different forums and people do the same on each one :)

Dont get all stued up about it!

(GOT ME COAT!!)

i would be very interested if i didnt allready have a nice S3, thats why i would only be interested in the mods you have if you ever decide to sell them seperate

Lee

Stewart said:
NO, my first post says :

"As standard, 2001/X Facelift S3 with 47k miles, 2 previous owners is worth £9,500 I think."

As Standard...

The second hand value of the mods is a conservative £3200 (I have erred on the low side for each mod valuation).

I will probably end up putting it back to standard (but with revo, clutch, milltek) and selling for around £9k and selling the mods separately.

If you put it back to standard to sell, let me know mate!!