Why Wont it Start :(

Spoon

Reaction score
hi hope some one can help as i am at a bit of a loss

went to start my 1998 Audi A3 1.6 last night
and as i turned the key i got all the dash lights up but then i went to start it i could here what i belive to be the fuel pump but what was it my starter motor did not turn

i have tryed with a spare key and also made sure there is plenty of power in the battery.
also ran a full VAG-COM scan on the car and has come back with no problems at all

is there anything eles i can try befor i take the plunge and take it to Audi

yer mate vag com recons about 38 Ltrs btu at least 1/2 a tank
just like there is something stopping the starter motor from turning but is is not the battery and i ahve been informed by the RAC brakedown bloke that the starter motor is fine

either the immobiliser or starter motor solenoid which is built into the starter motor,if this is the case its you will need a new starter motor.

Yeah try bump starting the car, if it goes then you'll need a new starter motor.

You could also try putting it in gear and rockign it back and forward to unjam the solenoid(if thats what it is)

see great minds think alike,silver car owners are very clever,lol:jump:

Spoon said:
I have been informed by the RAC brakedown bloke that the starter motor is fine

How does he know that??

thanks you lot found out it was the starter motor as i first thought dont know what the RAC bloke was on about really but it was dark and i was late for work

car sat looking very unhappy just got to wait for a new starter motor in the morning :)

good point jojo think i know who i will be renewing with next year