NEW S3 OWNER

trousers

Reaction score
Hi

i have just bought an imola yellow S3 V reg with 49K on the clock, 1/2lthr and 1/2 yellow alcantara interior, what a motor, i cant stop smiling, it is ace

its going in for cambelt though as this has not been done, not due to mileage but because of its age,

Just a quick question really, the previous owner had a fancy steroe in it which he wanted to keep and he didnt have the original. i have looked on the codes for the car and it says 8UD which stands fro radio "concert"

does anyone know where i can get one from as i want put it back to standard , is ebay the best bet, do all types fit, and does it come with cd changers etc, is it stupidly expensive to go to stealers, any info would be appreciated

not in a great hurry as the noise of engine is pretty enjoyable he he

cheers Rob

Congrats.

Get a A3/S3 one from Ebay and CD changer for the left compartment in the boot. The lead should be there towards the rear seat.

Also, be careful with the concert HU as they had that crazy loud volume problem.

Hi Rob

You didnt by any chance buy the car from Dudley did you??

No reason to get worried, but it was just that I was looking at that one as well...LOL.

All the best with the new car.

hi

with regard to getting a changer for the boot, did the s3's all come with cd changers or was this an option, as i am at work at moment so cant check for the lead

cheers rob

yes

it was that one from dudley, went down tuesday night, didnt get back till 12.30 in the morning, what a drive home though, it is absolutely mint, not a blemish on it, a real credit to the previous owner, he really has looked after it, not sure about any plans for it yet, i am just getting use to the exta power

had a 2.8 v6 coupe quattro before so it is a bit quicker than that, lot more comfier though

Excellent, i must say the car did look good, but just didnt get time to look at it, or I may have possibly been the owner of it....

Congrats, hope you have lots of fun with the car.

Whereabouts are you from then???

Whoa quite a way...good stuff....

Anyway all the best with the car, as i said, it looked mint :)

Got to go now....just pretending to do some work...LOL

also

does anyone know of any special coloured polish to use, or am i best sticking with normal stuff, i have heard that mixing autoglym resin polish and autoglym gold 60:40 makes a good polish which doesnt powder up

Ive always used the Autoglym stuff, it does powder up, but a good cloth gets rid of that....

I think they all came with CD changers, TBH, u mite as well get a decent MP3 headunit, for the amount u could spend on a cd changer.

bare in mind, that for your V reg, the standard Concert is going to be a tape player, the Concert II in 2001 and later is a single CD but won't work with your wiring.
Add to that the fact that there is a very high chance your second hand unit will develop the volume to maximum issue, and youre better off buying a nice subtle aftermarket CD HU.

cheers for all your replies, i think i will have a look for a different system, obviously got to have red lights though. i have seen some stereos for as little as £50.00 on ebay (brand new but last years models) as buying the car and getting the cam belt done has pretty much wiped me out, with ipod connection, does it matter what quality the stereo is if i use an ipod, then the music goes through the stereo but comes out of the Bose speakers

Dude

I brought a decent Sony MP3 HU, that is white and red in colour, matches the dash perfectly....so maybe worth looking into them, if you dont want to spend mega money on a HU.

cheers

i dont suppose you have the ref no so i can check them out. did you need to do any fancy wiring,etc or does it just slot striaght in, am a bit of a newbie when it comes to stereos, etc

cheers rob

depending on whats already in there, you just slot in any ISO headunit, and it should work.

although usually only through the front speakers.

to get the rear speakers and sub working from the aftermarket HU, you need a wiring adaptor which is about £20 i believe.

you also need facia plates. the audi dash facia is din height, but slightly wider.

the facia plates are on ebay for about £5

cheers prawn

the previous owner has left me the fascia plates, the adapter to get rears and sub working would i get this from the same place as i get the stereo from,

cheers rob

well, apparently halfords can get them.

does it still have all the speakers, and the standard rear sub box? or amp on the right and twin bose subs on the left if its got bose.

if so, im sure any decent audio shop are able to supply you the correct wiring adaptor.

PM andymac for more info, he sells sub replacement kits, and deals with lots of wiring harnesses and stuff i believe

yes

it has the amp on the right and twin subs on left, and all speakers etc i will give andy mac a pm

cheers rob

Dude

I got the Sony CDX GT300s, It only cost £100 last year and it works a treat, you will need to get an adaptor to get the back speakers working, its a bit of a mission, but once its all sorted its a lot better.

no i live near the vic pub, i know which golf you mean though, it looked nice that one didnt it, passed it a few times as my sis lives at marsh mill

trousers said:
no i live near the vic pub, i know which golf you mean though, it looked nice that one didnt it, passed it a few times as my sis lives at marsh mill

Ahh right, was going to say as I was talking to that guy at a recent VW show where he had that cabrio for sale...

I've lived on Henley, Willoughby and Richmond ave's, just waiting for one to come up on Ormont lol...

one of my mates lives on richmond, where do you get your s3 serviced, mine is at volkservice in marton at moment having service and cam belt done, have been recommended by another s3 owner to go there, when i got there there was an rs2 being done so made me feel like it was a good place to send my baby