IHI KIT JUST BOUGHT ,

nick-barnes07

Reaction score
Just bought a ihi kit from france , of some guy who bought it from jabba sport , i have payed £1886 delivered for the kit , here is the link to it , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150140135629&rd=1&rd=1 ,when it is all done the car is going down to jabba sport to have it all mapped , what do you guys reckon , good price or not , the kit has never been used as well , i will have a pipeworx 3" downpipe , and a k04 with 51000 miles on if anyone is interested , wont be for a couple of weeks though , also going to uprate the clutch as well , anyone know a good place to get one from , that is a good price , getting a set of brembo s of bill at badger 5 as well , gonna need them now the ihi is going in ,

looks like a blinding price to me!

turbo is £450, injectors are £150, don't know how much Jabba charge for the downpipe and mani, but seems a bit steep ....sorry, probably didn't want to hear that

Nah, JBS only do the IHI and oil/coolant for that price, the kit posted has injectors, downpipe etc.

Price looks OK.

Would have been a LOT cheaper to get it in from the USA but that would depend on you not getting caught on Customs/Import.

Buying from the EU seems like a better option.

jcb said:
turbo is £450, injectors are £150, don't know how much Jabba charge for the downpipe and mani, but seems a bit steep ....sorry, probably didn't want to hear that

where is that from

Dave_Bayern said:
Nah, JBS only do the IHI and oil/coolant for that price, the kit posted has injectors, downpipe etc.

Price looks OK.

Would have been a LOT cheaper to get it in from the USA but that would depend on you not getting caught on Customs/Import.

Buying from the EU seems like a better option.

i bought the kit , as i have been quoted £4000 from a lot of places to do the conversion , £1886 + £800 all in , fitted , and mapped , is a lot cheaper than 4k

Regardless of turbo cost (which I think is reasonable given the contents of the kit) the installtion and mapping price is great!

Base that on a custom remap, which is usally £500, that means they are only charging £300 for the install, and bearing in mind I have just done one, its a bitch to do and £300 is a great price.

Jabba do good work too.

how much did u pay for your conversion edward harris , did u have it done at jabba as well ,

I think in relaity your fitting charge will be much higher than £800 mapped!

Also, I am not sure if that DP is the 4wd one, I presume you are fitting to an S3?
Is there a sports cat included..?

Sachs clutch will be c.£1000 fitted.

The fitting of these kits is not easy and there are often many custom fabricated parts? Eg TIP? I think jabba prefer a Porsche iniector now rather than the 440 boschs, different spray pattern helps cold start.

My proalloy TIP for IHI was near £200!!! CAr was away for near 7 weeks, as was Edward's!!!!

The price for what you have is OK ish, but I think once all fitted you will not have saved a massive amount and Jabba may not warranty the work as if its all supplied and fitted by them. Thsi French guy could have done anything to that kit before they get their hands on it.......even just dropping the turbo may have knacked it..! ! I hope it all works out for you, but to be fair I am not sure it was so cheap that it was worth the risk...!!!!

simch said:
I think in relaity your fitting charge will be much higher than £800 mapped!

Also, I am not sure if that DP is the 4wd one, I presume you are fitting to an S3?
Is there a sports cat included..?

Sachs clutch will be c.£1000 fitted.

The fitting of these kits is not easy and there are often many custom fabricated parts? Eg TIP? I think jabba prefer a Porsche iniector now rather than the 440 boschs, different spray pattern helps cold start.

My proalloy TIP for IHI was near £200!!! CAr was away for near 7 weeks, as was Edward's!!!!

The price for what you have is OK ish, but I think once all fitted you will not have saved a massive amount and Jabba may not warranty the work as if its all supplied and fitted by them. Thsi French guy could have done anything to that kit before they get their hands on it.......even just dropping the turbo may have knacked it..! ! I hope it all works out for you, but to be fair I am not sure it was so cheap that it was worth the risk...!!!!

the guy said he bought it for his s3 , he had loads of other s3 bits for sale , so i presume that is the right downpipe , i have a pipeworx de cat 3" , should bolt up to that downpipe , if there is anything wrong with the turbo i will be filing a complaint , and getting my money back , im starting to think it wasnt that cheap now , may back out of it , jabba said to me 10 hours to fit , which will be £500 , my mate who is a mechanic is gonna fit it for me , and then there is mapping costs , a custom map , £500 , for the clutch i am going to have a look around as a £1000 is a bit dear for me , how much are normal ihi conversions , and what do they consist of , do they supply a clutch with ihi conversion

billl done ihi on my golf for £4k. that included turbo kit, fitting, and mapping. monday-->friday job
used standard clutch for 12months, then it slipped.

nick-barnes07 said:
where is that from

turbo from gruppe-s or eBay
injectors from anywhere
cost of manifold tubular or otherwise should be no more than £450-500 unless it is inconel from the US!

I am buying bits from US, have a mate is NY, ships as a gift/returned item

mine was done at Aps, they had to custom make loads of stuff for mine! not an easy job! your also need little bit like fuel pump, uprated air intake pipe etc!

1K for a sports clutch?

OH MY GOD. I hope thats with proper uprated flywheel and at LEAST Helix Organic clutch? There's no way a Sachs can cost that much.

The actual fitting, if you are mechanic experienced in turbos, isnt a drama and 10 hours is about right.

You'll need to consider sundries like gaskets and new bolts, which will probably cost another £50.

Also, I would consider replacing ANY clamps on vacuum lines or air carrying lines with Mikalor Clamps, jubilees are poor fitting and just not up to the job.

I am in the middle of K03 to K03s conversion and I reckon overall price including all parts and fluid will total 1.5K, and thats with all labour being done myself, so really, if you can fit a lot yourself, you'll only be paying for the remap, which might be the best idea.

Like I said, fitted price is about a grand all in, once a new slave cylinder is included, 10 hours labour at c.55 an hour, then the clutch is about £400 or so.

jcb said:
turbo from gruppe-s or eBay
injectors from anywhere
cost of manifold tubular or otherwise should be no more than £450-500 unless it is inconel from the US!

I am buying bits from US, have a mate is NY, ships as a gift/returned item

Presuming LHD manifolds will fit RHD cars.... which they wont (easily)

badger5 said:

god damn you get around! forum whore like me then....
Mines a custom tubular, but you are right, no inline manifold on the market for the A4/Passat...watch this space.
If I ever finish mine I intend to knock up some more with no turbo flange/or on request, for general sale... recon I can do them for £450-500

badger5 said:

They won't fit at all!!! I've tried. LHD manifolds cars put the turbo inlet into the gearbox on a RHD car if its got haldex transmission.

jcb said:
god damn you get around! forum whore like me then....
Mines a custom tubular, but you are right, no inline manifold on the market for the A4/Passat...watch this space.
If I ever finish mine I intend to knock up some more with no turbo flange/or on request, for general sale... recon I can do them for £450-500

got any pix of your work?

badger5 said:
got any pix of your work?

Ha, work is an interesting term!!
I have the mocked up bends, some straights cut to length and now have a Burns stainless merge collector. haven't tacked anything together yet.

I came up with a (ingenious) way to mock up the shape of the bends without tacking them....I got some 40mm 40 deg plastic plumbing bends and cut the outer bit off the bend, it fits perfectly inside the sch10 pipe and allows me to twist and turn the bends around each other without them falling apart. They hold the weight of the peices and allows me to work with a flexible unit to get the right shape.
I just mark the numbered bends and disassemble, then I can tack and weld individual runner without having to work around the other tacked ones

so far!:
IMAGE_006.jpg

IMAGE_007.jpg

you can see the plumbing bend inside the joint

lol... familiar looking flanges..

T3 version on my agenda now for next step evolution.
GT35R, external gated.

before you get too much tak'd, you may need to shave a smidge off the top of the head flange when trial fitting... some heads seem to have more material on them than others, which holds off the flange from the face.

will have a look at that