right finally got all the bits needed to fit them:

here's a few pics:

s3oht6.jpg

s3avc8.jpg

s3bnt7.jpg

s3dsa4.jpg

s3cdk5.jpg

s3ely1.jpg

Hi JoJo, yes, I had to use 10mm spacers, although 5mm would have done it. I used H&R hubcentrics ones.

The caliper paint at the back is Halfords 'chav spec' Caliper paint. I cleaned up and prep'd the caliper, then used hammerite spray primer and then a couple of coats of the paint. I also hammerite spray primed the non touching parts of my discs, makes them look alot newer, and gets rid of the rusty look (spent 6 hours doing everything!)

looks good mate - plans on lowering it?? looks kinda truckish as well!

Love those rims!!

Was eyeing up a set of 17s for my VR, exactly the same but fully polished!!

Nice choice!

Sorry.... probably guna be hated now but im not so sure bout those alloys... not too my personal taste... but if your happy with them then thats what matters:beerchug:

sounds like you either love 'em or hate em'!

I think it would look better a little lower, a quick photoshop:

s3lowap5.jpg

I like those wheels mate, i looked at a set of them in 19's before deciding to go for my BBS's. It definately needs to be lowered though looks loads better in the photoshop. Its good to be different too, ive not seen any S3's in the UK with those wheels.

...an Inch bigger with a lower profile tyre would be my choice in these fine alloys.:cool:

change of plan means that these wheels/tyres are now up for sale

i'm only looking for around £1100, they were £3000 new!

Why you selling them after spending that much? Reason I didnt like them was due too the spokes not going too the edge of the rim.... makes them look smaller that what they really are.

I could really do with the money at the moment as i'm looking to buy my first house. The fronts are 8x18 the rears are 9x18, so these are more expesnive than a set of 8" all round, plus the tyres were super £!

Spacecowboy said:
Why suddenly selling them? I've seen them for £450 notes too. Ooops

even at £450 each, that's £1800, plus £650 for Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 tyres (225/40/18 front & 255/35/18 rear)

surely that makes these a bargain at £1100?