what is this part making the noise - pics inside

Audiman99

Reaction score
Quite often after a longish journey when I turn off the engine I get a weird hissing and bubbling noise coming from the part in the pic, it’s quite loud and lasts a good few mins. What is it, is it the water pump? My last head cracked due to lack of water the garage told me, that cost 1400 to fix along with other bits. Don’t want it to happen again if this small part is the culprit I want to get a new one asap. Btw car has never overheated but then again the sensor could be broken wouldn’t supprise me!

DSC00241.jpg
>
DSC00242.jpg

as far as i know thats the pump that pumps oil round the turbo after the engine goes off. i can here mine bit it sounds smooth. the old one went a few months ago and thats what the garage told me it was

ohhhhh, well mine does sound a bit dodge so probably needs replacing, any idea on price? doesnt look too hard to fit a new one

yep circulates coolant when engines switched off

looks like the after run turbo coolant i'm pretty sure. may have an airlock in the system.....?

its an electric water pump that runs for 10mins after engine is switched off

You should use your aircon regularly otherwise it will stop working, seriously needs a good session at least once a week

eerrrmmm so guys what is it the turbo cooler or electric water pump, i always use aircon, never used econ, may try it out later.

electric pump which circulates water i think throught the system.

its an electric water pump that runs for 10mins after engine is switched off

As above,called an after run pump, its normal for it to make a noise, only worry if it does not make a buzzing noise after the engine has been run :icon_thumright:

S3-ROB said:
As above,called an after run pump, its normal for it to make a noise, only worry if it does not make a buzzing noise after the engine has been run :icon_thumright:

that puts my mind at rest cheers m8y at least it one problem i can tick off the list.