Done the miles!!

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
Ive now done 970 Miles and Aps is 50miles from me! So taking the car to them monday morning. Pick it up thursday / friday with 370bhp, new anti rolls bars + a haldex controller! Cant wait!! Also on my motorway travles i was averaging 70mph and 47mpg!! was very impressed!

:icon_thumright:

no doubt the big turbo is not even spinning at economical revs :)

waiting for your first impressions!
oh, and drive safe on the way back. dont get carried away :)

Ah ed!

Good to hear not long to wait now!

Q. What exhaust do you have fitted? Sounds a little deeper, than standard exhaust!

Ed - let me know if you want some confirmed 0-60 times and quarter mile, I have a GPS system with performance indicators built in, and an airstrip...

Jampublic said:
Ah ed!

Good to hear no long to wait now!

Q. What exhaust do you have fitted? Sounds a little deeper, than standard exhaust!

it's just a milltec exhaust! but Aps run it really rich, hence why it pops and flames come out the back!! Also it has a single cat on it opposed to a dual, might have something to do with it!

Dave_Bayern said:
Ed - let me know if you want some confirmed 0-60 times and quarter mile, I have a GPS system with performance indicators built in, and an airstrip...

Will do thanks mate!

dultanur said:
:icon_thumright:

no doubt the big turbo is not even spinning at economical revs :)

waiting for your first impressions!
oh, and drive safe on the way back. dont get carried away :)

Yea my foot wont be going down till i have a long straght!

what would you do if they come back and tell you that they have only been able to get 340 bhp out of it and that you need a three inch custom exhaust to release more power this is what happened to me, after getting a custom one fitted they still only managed 355 and the noise was ***** it really does my head in. Im only saying i hope you don,t have the problems i had you are using a different company so i hope you get what you want

wont be very happy! They have assured me that the system is well capable of producing the power! They did say my old milltec ca wouldn't produce the power hence why i had to opt for a single cat!

it,s what i had on mine 100cell sports cat with miltekcat cat back system the quieter one which has a baffeld back box. it might not affect yours it could just be down to mapping anyway i wish i kept the miltek now this is quiet hard to live with, and if you need one i will do you a swap ha ha.

yeah deffenitly, up to 2500k it,s ok between that and 4000 it,s loud after 4000k its fine you just run out of road ha

I think the miltek 2.75 system is maybe a bit restrictive on the BT cars. Its quiet, that is for sure, but then that's not a bad thing. But I do think it has a fair bit of back pressure, and does not help the boost being held without the timing pulling back.

Umm see what happens i guess! dont want to change the back box! Does sound very nice dont want a loud one!

It will be interesting to see how much power they get out of your motor,do you know where they are mapping it?

it's running 1Bar, was producing around 290bhp! does lack the torque of the ko4 at the moment but I'm sure that will change when it's running 1.7Bar! Not sure where they are mapping it, i do no they have a few dual carriageways near them so i guess it will be going up and down there! Im hoping for 370bhp!

It's all dyno dependant ,mine ran 1.55bar/1.6 bar peak to 1.5 held,very agressive timing made 360bhp on jabbas dyno but lower on others that was a ihi vf34 with the bigger p20 exhaust housing.Personally i don't think the compressor was big enough to flow more than 350bhp.With 1.7 bar you get loads of torque so it will feel mean!have fun.

no,i have a evo now,i just come on here to offer advice,if you need to know anything then just ask.

How do you compare the evo to the s3? much faster than your modded s3? And hows it to live with everyday?

standard evo is slower in a straight line,350bhp evo is quicker due to gearing,weight and proper 4wd. Round the twisties a standard evo would beat my s3 hands down the evo is so dynamic compared to the s3.One that was set up like glens might be different but i wasn't prepared to spend £2k to find out.It's not a everyday car ,neither was my s3 but has been reliable so far.

Ed, do you have the miltek "non responated" system, ie without the centre box, or do you have the quieter system with centre box?

What engine code is yours, BAM or APX?

at a guess id say edds car has the older engine, although im not sure which code, im sure its not a BAM.

from the huge pic that was in edds sig last week, its a pre facelift car, so originally a 210?

edward_harris said:
Also on my motorway travles i was averaging 70mph and 47mpg!! was very impressed!

Don't forget your injectors are bigger now. The DIS will still calculate the MPG based on the originals. Actual MPG is probably about 20% less depending on whether you got 440's or 475's.

hey guys, well it went to APS yesterday ed said should be ready Wednesday or Thursday, so ill let you no when i pick it up! Yea get what your saying about the DIS Chris, although when i compared the mileage left in the tank to how many miles i had done it worked out pretty well!! Not sure what engine code it is, it's a 210 version tho! Its got the quieter milltec box on it but i dont think there is a center box? ill have to check when i get it back!!

simch said:
Ed, do you have the miltek "non responated" system, ie without the centre box, or do you have the quieter system with centre box?

What engine code is yours, BAM or APX?

Should be APY (I'm sure jojo will correct me if I'm wrong :))

apy or amk if i remember rightly.

yep apy is 100% not vvt,apparently bams have 20mm pins too.

was meant to pick the car up today, but there has been a problem with the air intake pipe. Apparently it was unstable under high revs. So they have had a new one welded today and fitted, so it will be ready tomorrow! Power figure was Just over 360BHP, i was told expect between 360 -370 bhp so thats a good figure!!

Sounds familar.My air intake hose had a alloy fabrication near the inlet to the compressor so nothing to worry about. Jabba butched my £100 samco one,nothing said.oh well.

I saw the yellow beasty there today but they said they did not think you were picking it up Ed? Let us know when you do, I'll pop over to say Hi and have a gawp!!

lol, didn't pick it up in the end, as you say Ryanc, Ive got to have an uprated air intake hose. Ed said it was really good up till about 5600rpm then it just hit a wall because the air intake pipe was collapsing! Hopefully Monday now!

yeah i had the same trouble as well and had a alloy one made. good power figures though, will you be at inters showing what it can do.

jamos3 said:
yeah i had the same trouble as well and had a alloy one made. good power figures though, will you be at inters showing what it can do.

Sorry guys but what is inters and where can i find some info about it?!