Votes: 23 29.1%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • RIDICULOUS

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get a bag of peanuts and a can of coke a week

'what do you do' and 'what do you earn' are VERY different topics!

The scale is a bit skewed isnt it?

40k+ is not ridiculous money. In my industry 40K is about average.

enogh to live a comfortable life, not enough to get my S3 to act the way i want it to :(

Under £40k where I am is ridiculous! I'm on over that and I drive a old S3...

I'm baffled by the amount of people driving s3's but not earning shed loads. How's that? Do you live in a squat to save the cash to go on the car? Never go out? Do runners at the petrol station while your mate pulls faces at the attendant to distract him?

Thats the thing though, for us London/Greater London types 40K is a pittance. Its all relative. I can only afford to run an A3!!!

Reminds me of Harry Enfield a bit!
"I was just saying to my wife, Maureen, (wasn't I Maureen), that it seem to me I am considerrrably retcher than YOWWWW! "
I vote this as the crassest poll of the year!
LOL

Reactions: voorhees
Dave_Bayern said:
Thats the thing though, for us London/Greater London types 40K is a pittance. Its all relative. I can only afford to run an A3!!!

Its not just a London thing. I wouldn't get out of bed for £40k a year. The oil industry rocks!!!!

Reactions: voorhees
I'm baffled by the amount of people driving s3's but not earning shed loads. How's that?

My excuse is being a Mechanic/MOT tester i do all the servicing/maintenance myself so no labour costs and i get all parts at trade price

If i worked in another trade earning the same money i'd have the sell the S3 but as things are i'll keep it, and its probably one of the best looked after S3's around :)

They dont seem that pricey to run do they...? Only a vag 1.8T underneath..?

Servicing and parts seem ok, modding them aint cheap, breaking them is nto cheap but surely in normal runningits one service a year, say £450, and fuel? Not too bad on the fuel either IMO, better than a 1.8T golf wiht a k03 on it!

They dont seem that pricey to run do they

Running costs seem ok to me but i only do 5000ish miles a year

Insurance £500 - Road tax £210 - 28-32MPG

Can't really comment on servicing prices as i do it all myself, better job at less than half the price :thumbsup:

simch said:
Reminds me of Harry Enfield a bit!
"I was just saying to my wife, Maureen, (wasn't I Maureen), that it seem to me I am considerrrably retcher than YOWWWW! "
I vote this as the crassest poll of the year!
LOL

That is why I did it,do I get a prize Simch?

Middle bracket here, its not enough and I have no money to spend on mods for the last 5 months since getting my A4 which is doing my head in >.< rubbish.

jedwa115 said:
I'm baffled by the amount of people driving s3's but not earning shed loads. How's that? Do you live in a squat to save the cash to go on the car? Never go out? Do runners at the petrol station while your mate pulls faces at the attendant to distract him?

The S3 is hardly what i'd class as an expensive car, both in terms of purchasing price and running costs.

Don't consider the S3 to be too excessive to run ££££££wise. only ever buy performance cars that are around 4-5 yrs old as I don't like the idea of massive depreciation. That way I can keep them for 3 years and maybe lose between £2-£3k. Much as I love cars,I put my money into property mostly and my wife's shoe and bag collection (obsession).

Doing OK (in the ridiculous bracket) but hey it's all relative. What's next? How big is your mortgage?!!!!

:salute:

It's because of my mortgage I'm weighing up selling my S3. I'm in the 30-40 bracket, but I'd like to put some money into my house now I've moved in. My car's in fantastic shape, and has a really low mileage, so I'm concerned that if I sell up I won't be able to find one in a similar condition when I come to buy another one. I'm fairly sure I'd return to the S3 as soon as I could afford one!!

Rich

Or just ended for being too boring

I run an S3, it cost me 9k and we all know the running costs, I earn 60K+(Im in sales so it fluctuates) so theorectically I could drive a more flash car, I just choose not too - I could run an S3 if I was earning 20k a year and I used to run more expensive cars on much smaller salaries - I guess your priorities in life change though and you spend your money in different ways. Im quite happy with what I deam a cheep car right now!

jedwa115 said:

I do all that and got a RS6!!:nyah:

Mines about &#163;45000 + Weekends!! But as you guys have said the s3 isnt really an expensive car to run, well unless your me! lol

I'm essentially a housedad at the moment, but Rachel is in the £30-40K bracket.

We have a large mortgage and two boys though,..........................and I could make a good few guesses on here as to the ones that still live at home LOL ;)

Gosh I only earn &#163;25K..got 2 kids, House, Mini, VW Bora and the RS6...

Gosh I only earn £25K..got 2 kids, House, Mini, VW Bora and the RS6...

Do you own the house and RS6 outright already or something? I have no idea how you do that

ADP said:
Do you own the house and RS6 outright already or something? I have no idea how you do that

Near enough and No!

I guess your work choice and lifestyle have a big impact...
I earn a ****** good wage...but only live at home for 2 weeks out of the month, so for the other 2 weeks, I spend nothing. Not a penny..room cleaned, clothing washed, food provided.
The company send a taxi for me, then I go by plane/helicopter..and the same on the return leg, so no commuting costs either.

So basically, bar my mortgage (large by NE Scotland standards, but low by other parts of the UK and low compared to the house value) all I have to spend my cash on is cars, or going out etc...but again, only being home for 2 weeks limits the nights out.

Hence 3 cars, 4/5 bedroom house etc...
You earn it, you spend it...

I'm not complaining...

aye earn u spend, i hear ya ! i got a mate that takes in 500,000 a year 70 k profit, looks like a mink an drives a 400 quid renault. GET BUSY LIVING OR GET BUSY DYING, said andy dufresne( shawshank) BLOW THE LOT ! toys toys toys................................. and more toys !