S3 seat upgrades

242spot

Reaction score
Has anyone put more supportive seats in there S3. I would like something oem looking like the tt quattro sport seats or new S3 buckets.
If anyone knows of any good aftermarket jobs or has any pics, post back
cheers

Yes, I have.
Was fed up with my bum sliding around and having to literally hang on to the steering wheel when pushing on.

These seats also give a much lower and better driving position..

new_recaro1.JPG

new_recaro2.JPG

new_recaro4.JPG

Stewart - Yours were approx £400 per seat then???

Unfortunately my interior is grey, and you can't buy the Recaros in grey leather, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a black leather rear seat, doorcards and armrest, then upgrade the seats!

Funny you have the exact problem as me i too have silver interior
haha

Stewart said:
Yes, I have.
Was fed up with my bum sliding around and having to literally hang on to the steering wheel when pushing on.

These seats also give a much lower and better driving position..

http://www.oreton.com/images/cars/new_recaro2.JPG

http://www.oreton.com/images/cars/new_recaro4.JPG

I've been putting off the Pole Positions for some time now, but seeing your seats again makes me want to save up some pennies again...

Did you find much of a difference in weight over the standard seats?

ChriS3 said:
I've been putting off the Pole Positions for some time now, but seeing your seats again makes me want to save up some pennies again...

Did you find much of a difference in weight over the standard seats?

Huge, massive difference in weight, both of the new recaro's weigh less than one of the old seats.

do they still keep your bum and back warm ???? lol

I know what you mean abou the S3`s high driving position, i have been driving the wifes mk5 golf tdi and you can set the seat just right...... nice and low :)

i'm 6ft 2inch the high driving position certainly bothers me as well

i'm 6ft 4 and I find the standard seats just fine

would mk4 r32 seats do the trick? i've been lookin but there rare! you can get direct from Konig without the r32 emblems too but they aint cheap!

anyone fitted them?

eatdegrub said:
would mk4 r32 seats do the trick? i've been lookin but there rare! you can get direct from Konig without the r32 emblems too but they aint cheap!

anyone fitted them?

This is what I originally wanted and was going to get the top back section retrimmed with the S3 logo instead of the R.

I had the Konig seats in my golf and they were lovely but also very heavy and they dont go all the way forward due to the high, fixed head rest section catching on the roof lining.

They are like hens teeth and regularly fetch over a grand on fleabay. I got fed up of waiting so bought these which I think are a little more unique with the added bonus of reducing not an unsubstantial amount of weight.

mk1chopper said:
do you recon you could buy the new R32 or RS4 seats direct from recaro?

I doubt it but the beauty of the Mk4 Golf R32 seats was that they used the same subframes as the A3/S3 chassis so bolted straight in, I doubt the B7 RS4 or Mk5 R32 would be the same.

I took my Accord type R ones (like Evo ones but better!) that I had in my mk 2 out and made them into office chairs! They are great!! Got some £15 rubbish office chairs off argos and just used the gas mech on made some subframe for them out of plate!

Very "LA LAW!"

Recaro actually sell office chairs now mate made out of car seats. They used to supply them to dealers only, we had a couple at a place i used to work

Arnie had one in La Law in the 1980s! That's where my inspiration came from!