blonde question

theitalian3

Reaction score
ok, sounds stupid but i did try fitting it, just didnt happen, the actual main filter fits fine and connects to the MAF sensor no problem, but the tiny filter, the brackets and the hose just dont look like they are meant to fit

any advice as to why im having problems, i cant seem to follow the instructions as they as vague and pretty much inaccurate, i have been assured that this is the exact kit for my car but im not sure

if anyone who has fitted a kit to a 2000 a3 1.8t quattro and knows what they are looking at can tell me if the kit looks the right one, and if so spoon feed me instructions or even just a picture of a similar kit in a car would be great

cheers :blackrs4:

someone must have a picture of an induction kit in there car?

please :(

I assume that open cone is gonna be exposed to the engine bay or do you have some sort of heat-shield? Open cone filter is probably the worst mod you can make, but it will be noisy.

The small filter is for the secondary air hose, i assume you have this hose and the filter doesnt fit? You're either gonna have to bodge it or buy one the right size for the hose, they cost less than a fiver.

Again with the bracket you're just gonna have to bodge it or fabricate something to make it fit. Mounting a BMC CDA in an old car required making my own bracket...

I would have adviced a K&N filter or TTDA, I've got pics of my TTDA on my website (bottom link) but only thing I can say is try change it to a K&N or TTDA if you're having trouble fitting the bracket, and just buy the right size breather filter (small filter), I was able to get one from somewhere when I had my 1.8SE, so it shouldn't be hard. As for the air hose just buy a smaller diamiter one if it doesn't fit, you can feed it down to the bottom. Not sure if this has helped but good luck mate :beerchug:

cheers

definately sell this ****** one, looked cheap as soon as i got it to be honest even though i paid the best part of 100 quid for it

think ill get the TTDA one