Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!

kmpowell

Reaction score
Well its now coming up to 3 months and i still cant find a S3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If ANYBODY knows of a Ebony Black with Silver leather or black/silver alcantara S3, Or preferably a Mineral/Dolphin Grey with Black leather or black/silver alcantara S3 going for about £14-16.5k, please let me know!!!

I have searched what i think is EVERYWHERE, but to no avail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Perhaps i am being picky, but the car MUST have a Sunroof and Aluminium mirrors and not be a high miler. Preferably to be a facelift X reg, but i dont car if its pre-facelift as long as its a good 'un. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Thanks for the reply chaps...

@Mark : I am looking for a RHD this time, the price difference on LHD S3's are minimal, so mobile.de isn't really an option as there are no RHD S3's on there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

@Lyrac : Having had a TTC, it felt quite clostrophobic as there are no sunroof options available for TT's. Then i moved to the Roadster and it is a different world. I am having trouble convincing myself not to buy another roadster, so a sunrrof in a hardtop car is a must. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

p.s. Ill even consider Ming blue if it has silver leather with a sunrrof and alu mirrors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It wouldn't be so difficult if you didn't insist on the sunroof. Hardly anyone orders the sunroof with climate.
What about these:
1999 AUDI AUDI S3 3 Door Hatchback
Immaculate Black, with spotless Blue/Black Alacantra/Leather interior. Heated/elec front seats, E/W, E/M, ABS, Bose concert stereo upgrade, Xenons, late spec wing mirrors. Full Audi Service History, MoT'd and taxed until June 2004. NO CANVASSERS. 46000 miles. £14600 .
2000 W Reg Audi S3 1.8 quattro
Petrol, Manual 6 speed, Black Metallic, Hatchback, 70,000 miles , 3 Doors. 17" Alloys, ABS, Air Bag, Central Door Locking, Climate Control, Computer, Driver Air Bag, Electric Windows, Leather Upholstery, Zenon Head Lamps.Silver Leather 'Mobile 07836 524153 £14,450.

@Andy : Cheers bud, heres how i ive been picky with those 2.... Car 1 has got blue alcantara and no alu mirrors, and car 2 has got 70k miles and no alu mirrors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and both dont have the 'making a S3 hard to find' sunroof option. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Are they both from Croft Motors per chance?

forget the alu mirrors, you can add those yourself. No, the blue alcantara was private, but Croft have got another one:
2000 V Reg Audi S3 1.8 quattro
Petrol, Manual 6 speed, Ming Blue Metallic, Hatchback, 45,000 miles , 3 Doors. 17" Alloys, ABS, Air Bag, Alcantara, CD Multi Changer, Central Door Locking, Climate Control, Driver Air Bag, Electric Windows, Half Leather, Immobilizer, Tax, Warranty, Zenon Head Lamps.Mobile 07836 524153 £14,950.
Their on autotrader.
You see this one has exactly what you want, but you can tell someone who specifies a totally unnecessary sunroof, is gonna go for a ludicrous colour. What is it with Audi & all the greens, Goodwood, Jasper, Cactus, they don't suit green. (Oh and the dipping rear view mirror is a must):
2000 AUDI S3 210
First registered UK 5th Dec 2000 X Reg 2001 Model Supplied by Amersham Audi Full Audi Service History. Goodwood Green, pearl effect Silver Alcantara Trim Automatic dipping rear view mirror BOSE sound system Electric slide and tilt glass sunroof Polished aluminium door mirrors 6 CD autochanger Cruise Control Tracker Monitor. Warranty until Dec 03. Currently in East London. Priced for quick sale. 35500 miles. £14995.

@Andy : cheers again mate, much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unfortunately the mirrors are about £350 each, so at that sort of cost, i would prefer to find em on a car if possible.

The Ming blue one at Croft has got Blue alcantara and no sunroof or Alu mirrors. And as for Daz's goodwood green one, it's perfect in nearly every way.... but its green. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but cheers for looking mate, its appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's why I didn't include it the first time, but I thought you were maybe local to Croft or something. Buy the Green one and get it resprayed! Its gotta be cheaper than adding the mirrors.

I just checked autotrader for an S4 (keeping my eye in), and there are 25 S4's in different shades of "cheap" Blue. only one in black & one in Dolphin. Are these all for sale purely to get rid of the hideous colour they mistakenly ordered. I think we need to go back to the Golf GTi rules, you can only have 3 colours, black, dolphin & silver. There's an S4 on there in burgandy for godssake!!

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
I just checked autotrader for an S4 (keeping my eye in), and there are 25 S4's in different shades of "cheap" Blue. only one in black & one in Dolphin. Are these all for sale purely to get rid of the hideous colour they mistakenly ordered. I think we need to go back to the Golf GTi rules, you can only have 3 colours, black, dolphin & silver. There's an S4 on there in burgandy for godssake!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your thinking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wots "cheap blue"? I hope your not saying that about nogaro!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
...personally I think people with 'grey' personailities drive grey cars...you know, boring tw*ts...the kind yuo REALLY don't want to get sat next to at a party.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCUSE ME????????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
...personally I think people with 'grey' personailities drive grey cars...you know, boring tw*ts...the kind yuo REALLY don't want to get sat next to at a party.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCUSE ME????????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he said: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he said: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I know what he said.
come to think of it............. doesnt apply to Silver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif now does it?
(or am I missing the point again?)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd ya ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And NO, grey is NOT Silver mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd ya ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And NO, grey is NOT Silver mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt ask dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, was just surprised that somebody can make such a statement about people based on the color of their car.

Hahahaha.. maybe i shouldnt have commented on "cheap blue" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

back on topic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

same spec i was after and got it in the end

Black silver leather arm rest and sunroof ali mirrors

there are some out there

[ QUOTE ]
Wolfsburger said:

So, it was Dolphin, Silver leather, body coloured mirrors (if we`re doing discreet, we may as well do it properly)and it looks great! When it`s dirty it looks a bit like a boring A3! Excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...body colour mirrors. Good choice.

Far more subtle...even with 'in your face' Nogaro Blue.
The alloy mirrors are just a little 'bling bling' for my liking...they match chrome rims, limo tint windows and fake louis viton perfectly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
come to think of it............. doesnt apply to Silver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif now does it?
(or am I missing the point again?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not.
Silver is silver...and shows an incredible awereness of what's classy and what's not.
(My Mk3 Golf GTI is silver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

[ QUOTE ]
JayBeeS3 said:
Didnt ask dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, was just surprised that somebody can make such a statement about people based on the color of their car.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just a playful comment...

But one based around what I'd read in some boring study or other, carried out by very boring people from some university or other, who obviously have nothing better to do but come up with stuff like that!

There was a certain type of personailty associated with each colour...can't remember where I saw / read it.

It's true though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway...
Back on topic...

Kev, I'm sure you'll find the right car eventually...
I know the struggle it is to find a specific car / colour combination - I wanted Nogaro, sunroof, body colour mirrors and a few nice to haves.
Ended up having to order new...obvuously this option isn't open to you now...but something'll turn up.

That car pretty much meets the brief, apart from being Goodwood Spleen!

However, really low mileage. I've done 30,000 miles since new from September 2002. I guess that's counted as high.