Need Help Urgently Please

Herby1

VAG All the way
Reaction score
Hello peeps,

i need information on this asap if you can thank you.

i have an audi a3 year 1999 i have bought a brand new audi s3 bumper from audi all sparayed and ready to fit, i recieve it next week sometime.

but i just thought to myself even though they are basicaly the same model and shape, will this bumper fit straight on?? will it line up ok? it is all genuine audi....has anyone done anything like this on this site.

please can anyone help on this, i need to know.

thank you very much

chris.

The S3 has wider flared wheel arches. The bumper may physically fit on the mounts above and below the radiator, but at the edges it fastens to the wheel arch liner which yours may or may not have. You might have to pull the bumper in to get a good fit. Perhaps someone else has tried this and can comment further.

yeas i have got fasteners on the side of the wheel arch mate, do you think it will be ok then?

anyone else with help?

thank you for your reply johnS3 much appreciated

has anyone got any further help....

sorry to nag...but i really need to know. :(

At the very least i imagine it'll need differant mounting guides and wheel arch liners.

Also the bumper is definately wider due to the wider wings of the S3 so i've no idea how well it'll actually fit. I have seen a couple of photos of A3's with the S3 bumpers on so it is possible.

If you can wait half an hour i'll be home and will check parts numbers on ETKA for the two bumpers and see if i can work out what's differant.

ok thank you mate, i would really appreciate it.......im just worried cause i have wasted all this money spent on this bumper and i just want it to fit......i need definite answers on it....if it dont fit staright on...what do i need to do??

thank you for your help guys

chris

sorry dude, my copy of ETOS isn't letting me in :(

must have been time limited and my bro has the original disc.

The audi dealer from whom you are buying the bumper has access to the same system and will be able to tell you what you need..

ok mate thanks anyway.....anyones else with help? or anyone done it?

I have ETKA up and running what model of S3 bumper have you bought?

hello mate im not sure its to fit an a3 1999 thats all i know mate.

any help then dude?

where can i get the engine code mate? im new to all this? what am i looking for and il go and check now mate

Engine code will be on Reg Doc..it will be either AEH,AGN or AGR .AGU