Badger5Sky Insurance
    Illegally Street

Status

what you think of these wheels

im thinking about buying them...i like them...but you know what looking for wheels is like..F4K!N9 hassel. i cant make up mind on 17's or 18's .... bare in mind my motors on 30mm lowering spring and standard shock. what you peeps rekon
    http://www.bkracing.co.uk/aspbite/al...333171010038BP

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    If you like them, buy them. Personally i don't think they look very nice, maybe they'd be better if you had great big brakes to show off?

18's look better but then tyres will always be more expensive.

Big Ron

Status
    I say get 18s. If you get 17s you will allways regret it imo. Paul is right you need big brakes behind those open wheels. IMO those wheels look really chavvy for the A3, either OEM or cross spokes look good on german moters... have a look in the gallery for some ideas.

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    not my usually cuppa, but they "Might" look good in 18", defenatly not 17s
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Status
    if you like em buy em
    looks like jap cars rims in my eyes

thats me

Status
    not enough spokes for me, they look too hollow or empty looking
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Illegally Street

Status

see you are all right...i hate to admit it....

thing is this......18's i think will look nicer yes,but slow the pull away speeds down and i might need arch work , plus need to be carefull with ARB(standard shocks for now) but i want 18's lol.....brakes are on the way-seeing as i sold my VR6 on sunday, ive got the dough to do it...they are jappy looking wheels....i know what you mean by that...im not keen on loads of spokes cos there a pain in the 4rse to clean. I dont want Audi wheels or any VAG's for that matter. And i want my A3 to look induvidual...not like everyone elses...maybe these arent the ones...i think you all have made that clear...LMAO..TBC hmmm...which catalog next.
    Last edited by dubhyper; 4th September 2006 at 11:18.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubhyper
    thing is this......18's i think will look nicer yes,but slow the pull away speeds down. brakes are on the way-seeing as i sold my VR6 on sunday....ive got the dough to do it...they are jappy looking wheels....i know what you mean by that...im not keen on loads of spokes cos there a pain in the 4rse to clean. I dont want Audi wheels or any VAG's for that matter. And i want my A3 to look induvidual...not like everyone elses...maybe these arent the ones...i think you all have made that clear...LMAO..TBC hmmm...which catalog next.
    If you are going big-brakes it's worth bearing in mind that the calipers will be HUGE. Not many wheels will fit over Brembo's etc. So it's worth checking a wheels caliper clearence before you part with any cash.

Big Ron

Status
    If your getting a BBK I say go for MTM or Sportecs they are 9 spoke wheels with good clearance. I think oettinger do nice 2 piece 5 spokes.

http://www.oettinger.com/index2_e.htm

If your worried about performance there are some lightweight 18s

Illegally Street

Status

cheers thats good to know

im probably gonna buy some diamond black/ black diamond drilled and groved disks...and probably greenstuff pads...but im still looking in to this...just going with what i know about...ive herd brembos cause grief fitting wheels. but i thought spacers would solve that 1. Cheers for that link
    silver.....looking now
    Last edited by dubhyper; 4th September 2006 at 11:27.