Audi Factory Bose system, can i run an amp of this

dubhyper

Illegally Street
Reaction score
I was thinking about fitting a sub in my A3. Its got the CD changer and Bose option. I was thinking about a 4 channel amp that has hi to low level conversion. So ill take the feed of the rear speakers and run it to the amp as signal feed. But replace the speakers inputs using 2 of the amps channels..and bridge the other 2 for a sub...I know ill probably need a ground loop isolator but has anyone done this. Audi/Bose go on about how every area of the car is tuned for bass from there system and it will mean that some speakers will need the pallarities(sorry spelling) reversed....Is this all true or am i just being silly. Come on then, whos done this allready..
cheers peeps.

If you do a search for Andymac stealth sub itll cover most of your questions about the wiring.
The BOSE setup should have a seperate amp for the sub that is currently there on the left of the boot, so all you need to do is tap into the existing wiring for the low level feed to the sub and run a power line back from the battery.
The amp for the speakers is in the right side of the boot and powers all 4/6 cabin speakers.

Ground loop Isolator will be needed on certain amps, I have the Andymac Bose upgrade in my S3, ad using a RF amp, I needed a GLI to stop the car speakers whining, and trying an Alpine amp, the GLI was not needed?! I was using the same wiring/power/earths for both amps.

does anyone know if theres a lume i can buy so i dont have to cut the cable up off this amp and sub.....just incase i want to put it back when i sell.....

Dont think there is one for BOSE setup, but you dont need to cut into the existing wiring. Just unplug the bose sub and amp and then make up some copper/aluminium terminals that you can insulate and push into the existing connector, you can cut up a cheap phono plug to give you the flying phono leads.