Passenger window won't come up!! PLEASE HELP!!!

TDI

Reaction score
Just what i need before the evenings out. moves up a little and then goes back down. Keeps doing that everytime i try and move the window up. Anyone able to give some quick advice before the nights out???

Cheers :-(

I had this on a 99 A3, the frame had to be replaced (about £80).
To get it up you need to grab the top of the window and pull it up while pressing the up button to asist it on it's upward travel. The window is jamming so it thinks there's an obstruction which is why it goes back down.

AndyMac said:
To get it up you need to grab the top of the window and pull it up while pressing the up button to asist it on it's upward travel. The window is jamming so it thinks there's an obstruction which is why it goes back down.

Managed to find some info on google to help me take the front panel off, and then i pulled the window up. Sounds like what you say, i'll get it checked out

Thanks for the response.

:-0

AndyMac said:

Don't suppose you know the part number of the frame?

Cheers

chrisb said:
You can get it from Euro car parts. Look for 'window regulator'. Also have a look at this

Cheers dude, for the link and your help!!

:)

chrisb said:
My passenger one has just broken now......

Well at least you know how to fix it. I'm still trying to convince myself that i can fix it without having to take the car to the garage. Just not sure about "rivet" bit and marking the four frame bolts :-(

cheers

TDI said:
Well at least you know how to fix it. I'm still trying to convince myself that i can fix it without having to take the car to the garage. Just not sure about "rivet" bit and marking the four frame bolts :-(

cheers

The rivet bit is the hardest part, as they spin as you try to drill them. Marking the bolts and getting the frame out really isn't hard.

Good news: I've bought the clips/carriers as suggested in the other thread (link above) that are A6 parts, and they look like they will fit. They are not *exactly* the same- they have metal inserts. I will have a go at fitting them and post the results in the other thread and on my webpage. If this works the drilling and riveting won't be required.