Monster MotorsportBadger5
    hmmmmm interesting.

Status

Help - coil spring.

Dear all,

My S3 has just failed its first MOT, the rear coil spring is broken. Does any one know any good upgrades ? Might as well take advantage of this 'opportunity'.

cheers.
    Call of Duty Zombie Slasher.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Same happened to mine , but not at an MOT. I take it you didn't notice any difference then? Mine hardly felt any different as the break was on the last coil. I've been told Eibach are good ones at 130 a set and you can get a set that lowers by 20mm too.

6th Gear

Status
    I have a full set of S3 springs for sale if you want them and don't want to pay a fortune for new ones!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Duber
    Same happened to mine , but not at an MOT. I take it you didn't notice any difference then? Mine hardly felt any different as the break was on the last coil. I've been told Eibach are good ones at 130 a set and you can get a set that lowers by 20mm too.
    I had Eibach Pro springs on my S3 and when I stripped the car of performance parts prior to trading it in, both rear springs at the last coil had snapped.

Eibach replaced them under warranty because they come with a 5 years gaurantee.

Status
    Same happened to me. I replaced mine with Eibach springs and they were great! Eibach or H&R will be fine..
    Dolphin Grey Audi S3 8P

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I have standard S3 springs and shocks lying in my garage, free to anyone who wants to collect!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    My Eibach rear springs snapped. Got a brand new warrenty replacement set waiting to go on when i can be bothered.

I think its just a bad design.

6th Gear

Status
    Iv'e got Eibachs on too...worrying though they crack/snap.

Apart from looking at them is there any tell tale signs when driving that they have gone the journey?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    Iv'e got Eibachs on too...worrying though they crack/snap.

Apart from looking at them is there any tell tale signs when driving that they have gone the journey?
    I never knew until I removed them!

6th Gear

Status
    Oh dear!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    If my eibachs springs snaps, I'm gonna get a set of H & R's, no one has complained about them!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400