Dump Valve - A3 Turbo

andybubbles

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought an A3 1.8 Turbo and it came with a dump valve, which makes alot of noise :)

However, i think ive decided to take this dump valve off and maybe sell it on ebay or anyone here that wants it?

To replace it will i have to go to an audi dealer and get a normal dump valve? and does anyone know how much they cost?

Any info you can give me is much appreciated as i have never had a car eith a dump valve before ;)

Cheers
A

I think they use the standard BOSH DV, only about £12 or so.
Do you know if the one on these is a Bailey or a Forge?

If its a Forge I would leave it on.

I would imagine if it is making a lot of noise it will be an atmmospheric one rather than a recirculating one. Get the part from vagparts.com as they are cheaper than a dealer. Or get a piston recirculating one like a Hyperboost or AMD Viper one.

Hi, im not sure if its a baily or a forge. I will check tonight.

Its definately an atmospheric valve as it makes alot of noise and ive been told it hurts performance. Sometimes you can feel the lag.

Any ideas what i should replace it with?

Cheers

Another vote here for the Eliminator DV. Very quick response and no servicing.

Hi Guys,

I can get the standar dump valve for just over £15. How much are you guys selling the Forge 007, and is it wise to by a second hand one?

Also, will my mechanic be able to fit it in, i know its a stupid question, but when i mentioned it to him he dodnt know what a dump valve was ;)

I was looking for £50 for it. It hasn't been used much, and it's immediately obvious how and where to fit it. (I sent you a PM - check your inbox)
I'm about as far from a mechanic as you can get!
The standard part that cheap? Where from? I thought they'd be really expensive.
The forge one is also servicable, and you can open it up to clean it or put a new spring in etc. The standard one is black plastic which you cannot open easily.

I can't see any reason not to buy 2nd hand as the main part is just metal, and the inside there's just a piece of plastic, a bit of rubber and a spring - all of which I have spares for.

If your car is mapped then go for the Forge. If it's standard just use the Audi part.

Re: buying second hand. No problem at all. Ring Forge and tell them you've got a 007 and they'll send you a service kit FOC. Service kit comprises of a new piston, rings and grease. Watch what spring is in the 007 though, people seem to like the stiffer yellow spring but I found them a bit harsh for my driving. If you want to change the spring Forge will charge you for a replacement.

If you have set your heart on a DV though, as I already said I do recommend the Forge Eliminator.