Diverter Values/ Dump Valves

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
Has anyone had any of these fitted. I've just had one done and I am considering putting back the stock unit. What is everybody's opinion on them?

I suspect there only really needed for re-chipped and new exhausts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hiya

What car do you have? I thought the DV was standard on turbo engines, but I have limited knowledge so probably wrong!

My S3 has one which is stock - never had any problems with it.

My understanding is that the aftermarket DVs are a bit more reliable, but don't tend offer much in the way of performance improvement.

Reliability is the key, I found the Forge DV006 a little less responsive that the stock bosch one (although it never blew unlike the 4 bosch ones), looks nice too and doesn't leave you with 1/4 power everytime you nail the car!

Stock bosch ones on the S4 (chipped) no problems

Hiya - just got myself a Stratmosphere DV today from Milltek. Had a chat with Phil from Milltek about the advantages of an aftermarket DV. This is what he had to say:

The stock DV uses a diaphragm, which by nature can start to leak air and become inefficient. The Milltek DV is a piston system so it can't leak air.

The after market DVs tend to be quicker at letting air to the turbo when you put your foot down than the stock DV.

Apparantly you should notice; smoother gear changes, smoother acceleration and improved engine tone.

Will update you when I fit it tomorrow !

Nice one Jo.

My experience with the stock valve, the Forge DV006 and the Forge CL007P, has made me conclude that it all depends on the spring which is contained in the DV. The spring sits behind the piston.

Obviously the strength of the spring will determine how quickly the valve (i.e. piston) opens and closes.

I've found the Forge CL007P to work better than the DV006 on my unchipped S3. And is very close to the OEM valve in terms of responsiveness. Perhaps slightly more responsive, but I'd put them on a par.

However, I still get momentary hesitation sometimes, around 3500-4000rpm (3800 to be more specific). This was the original reason I changed DV's, but the aftermarket ones haven't cured the problem. And Forge have not replied to my last mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, I've digressed, good luck with the fitting.

AL

I was told that the forge unit had had some recalls and failures (don't know if this true though). I must admit I orignally decided to have a forge DV fitted, but was advise to fit a demon turbo dynamics unit (or something like that).

I agree that acceleration and gear changes are smoother.

Just checked mine's is a viper diverta value?! - turbo technics. Fiited by AMD. When did you have your's fitted? AMD actually are branded on the one I've got - they pretty much said that it was the best available. Albeit £5 diff for the forge DV.

The opinion I am rapidly forming is that it was a worth while mod.

Fuel - Optimax or nothing. Well maybe 97 super..