Bose Replacement

WorkInProgress

Reaction score
Evening,

Posted this in the ICE section and got no replies, any thoughts from anyone who has done similar: -

"I'm going to be ripping out my Bose system in my A3 and replacing it with an aftermarket unit and speakers. I have an AndyMac sub & amp combo to fit too.

What will I need in the way of adapters etc for the headunit if my car had the Bose unit originally?

Rob"

Evening,

Posted this in the ICE section and got no replies, any thoughts from anyone who has done similar: -

"I'm going to be ripping out my Bose system in my A3 and replacing it with an aftermarket unit and speakers. I have an AndyMac sub & amp combo to fit too.

What will I need in the way of adapters etc for the headunit if my car had the Bose unit originally?

Rob"

I had an adapter for an aftermarket head unit to Bose in the car when I bought it, will have a look in the morning and see if there are any part numbers on it.

If your scrapping the Bose Amp then you are in for a fair bit of wiring in the boot.

I'm not looking forward to it at all. I know I need to junk the Bose amp to fit the AndyMac setup but I'm guessing I'll need an additional amp for the speakers?

I wasn't all that impressed with Bose until I found out the rear sub had blown... Replaced both the drivers in the sub and am now really happy with it.

It might be possible to keep the Bose amp and fit the sub.
The Bose sub had its own mini amp and crossover built in. Potentially you could keep this, but you would need to find a 2 ohm speaker for the AndyMac sub enclosure.

The Bose amp is designed to run the 1ohm speakers fitted to the car, finding aftermarket speakers that are also 1 ohm is not easy. Not that the Bose speakers are actually bad, they are Bose 802 PA speakers.

If you go down the aftermarket head unit route and want to scrap the Bose amp it would probably be no more hassle to start from scratch and fit decent wiring.

Whichever way you do it, removing the Bose amp is a ballache!

I've been impressed with Bose but looking forward to B and O in my 8V which is meant to be a significant step up.

Would a B and O upgrade be any easier?

Used to be into aftermarket Sound-stream USA import speakers for retrofits etc but now just like factory kit lol. Last aftermarket sub was in 8L S3