• 1 Post By Marshall878

Thread: Anyone here been to see this?

Pretend Hairdresser

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Trig0r's Youtube Channel

Anyone here been to see this?

Audi S3 Quattro 3dr [225] Hatchback 1.8

It keeps appearing and disappearing, saying its no longer available and then a few days later reappears, the wording in the advert has changed as well, said it had mods and then that line has gone but the rest has been kept the same...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    The ad isnt showing mate.....

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Not been to see it but hoowww muucchhhh?!
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Pretend Hairdresser

Status

My Social Networking

I think the fact its been modded and that it was originally included in the ad and has now been removed should ring alarm bells, also when you say Hoooow much, is 6k over the odds for the something like this, I was thinking my budget should be upto 6.5k for one...

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I saw a very nice looking Imola Facelift S3 yesterday up for sale at my local TPS (Canterbury)

The owner actually works at TPS and the staff I was speaking to said he has spared no costs in keeping everything in tip top condition and from what I saw it looked very nice.

Was around £4k IIRC. PM me if you want more details

(admin: I have no association with the seller)
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status

My Social Networking

Wouldn't be paying £6.5K for what is going to be a 10-12 year old car.

As with Kwistof's example, from looking for one myself, there's plenty of decent ones about for easily under £5K.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Well if it was my money and I was shopping about again, I would be off to see a particular noggy S3 that has just come up for sale on ASN classified.

Absolute stunning example from what I can see in the well presented pics- but I suppose it all depends on the spec you require. E.g facelift/non facelift and what optional extra's it has like sunroof/heated seat.

I new my spec I wanted and just held tight until I found one....arm rest, heated seats, sunroof, bose with 6 cd changer and in noggy blue

I actually saw an S3 for sale for under £2k last night on autotrader I think.....god knows what's up with that for it to command such a low price
    Nilz likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Probably the sister car to mine Chris !!!
    voorhees and kwistof like this.
    WR quattro
    B5 RS4
    100 S4 SALOON AUTO
    S3

Pretend Hairdresser

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Wouldn't be paying £6.5K for what is going to be a 10-12 year old car.
    My budget is 6.5k at a push, I didnt say I would spend that much on an S3, unless that was to buy, then service and tune, but don't tell the missus that :D

Another S3 owner....

Status
    perhaps mileage or the fact it's been written off previously. or it's clearly been refurbished after an accident and obvious to tell when you are up close and personal or due for major amount of servicing to take place.
    Well, that's what I would expect to find rfom an advertised facelist 2K S3.....or the seller could be desperate to sell, but you rarely see that honesty!
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig0r View Post
    I think the fact its been modded and that it was originally included in the ad and has now been removed should ring alarm bells, also when you say Hoooow much, is 6k over the odds for the something like this, I was thinking my budget should be upto 6.5k for one...
    Maybe they have removed the mods but seeing as they are a trader maybe not,boost gauge in the vent but no engine pics or wheels,I like to see the whole otherwise alarm bells start ringing.
    If I was buying I would source from a private buyer and ideally an enthusiast who has loved the car,look on here and always be patient as haste could mean you end up with a lemon.

Status
    Trig0r likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Well if it was my money and I was shopping about again, I would be off to see a particular noggy S3 that has just come up for sale on ASN classified.

Absolute stunning example from what I can see in the well presented pics- but I suppose it all depends on the spec you require. E.g facelift/non facelift and what optional extra's it has like sunroof/heated seat.

I new my spec I wanted and just held tight until I found one....arm rest, heated seats, sunroof, bose with 6 cd changer and in noggy blue

I actually saw an S3 for sale for under £2k last night on autotrader I think.....god knows what's up with that for it to command such a low price
    This one?

Used 2002 Audi S3 S3 QUATTRO for sale in Cambs | Pistonheads

kwistof likes this.

Pretend Hairdresser

Status

My Social Networking

This cars back on again, bit cheaper than last time as well...

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Trig0r View Post
    This cars back on again, bit cheaper than last time as well...
    Not surprised. Was never going to sell at £6k+ IMO
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport

Neutral

Status
    Odd that the car keeps coming and going, maybe people keep letting them down saying they'll buy only to pull out at the last minute. Again possibly something wrong with the car but then you'll never know unless someone goes to see it.

Pics look great to me but then I saw 3 S3's of this age yesterday (Berkshire) and although all 3 looked great in the pics online; 1 at 4.4k was grotty, horrid part leather interior (cream & black and it looked very worn) 1 at 5.5k again in grey but just looked unloved, paint bubbles on roof, alloys kerbed and was in the corner with bird deposits all over it and 3 was black with many features and looked pretty clean, had an odd german audi club sticker in the window but was 6k. I duly fell for it and will probably collect the most expensive 8l S3 going soon lol. (Sucker but I had to Part Ex).

Hope the search goes well
    If there's a level below novice, then that's me.