Rolling Road Day at Badger 5

Guys my engine has almost 20000 on the clock is it risky to push 280hp on it??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399642646258120 it's running nice but I'm afraid of going for big power!!! ATM I'm pushing about 210 thanks

Guys my engine has almost 20000 on the clock is it risky to push 280hp on it??

20,000 or 200,000?

I'm on 200k+ with my S3 APY and looking to end up around 280ish by the end of the year.

As long as you keep on top of regular services (6-8k) and keep a check on everything that could perish/wear and tear then I don't see a problem. Seen quiet a few A3 1.8ts over 220k+ miles with not a lot of issues tbh.

ps what is your actual mileage then out of curiosity?

About 3.000 p year!!! Don't really drive it much !!! Badger5 ary

lol @ re-joining a conversation you abandoned 5months ago

Reactions: superkarl and <tuffty/>
As this thread has been brought up a little, I ran 236bhp and 260lbft of torque! My car had a stage 2 software. With a and have fabs v2 intercooler, silicone tip and an itg airfilter.
Problems with my mods were that :
My exhaust went from a 3 inch downpipe into a 2inch tip (awful air flow)
The neck of my air filter was slightly too small
My head was on its last legs, as I found out this July!

Since the rolling road I have bought an s2k air filter from ecp, badger 5 v3 tip, had the 2 inch part of the exhaust temporarily changed to 2.5 as I am going to be replacing all of it soon.
And of course a head rebuild.
The car now runs a lot smoother and I am a lot more satisfied that it is running closer to what it should be

Reactions: jojo
I was looking for the site and couldn't find lol

Joe, lets see if Charlie at pro speed will give us a discount to do both exhausts haha.

Haha! Do you reckon he would, I know someone who needs to go there soon too!

I'd imagine so! I need a 3" DP, new 100 cell cat (I refuse to decat, save the polar bears) and maybe a full mid section.

The only problem is I'd like it all to be 3" but the Milltek back box would require a 2.75" step down and thats going to be an annoying restriction.

I have a 100 cell cat you could have Mike! It wasnt even on my car for long either!

So my car is now more powerful than yours jo jo ;)

Arrr gutted... For a minute I thought there was gonna be a rolling road day at B5...

Reactions: Mrharris2 and Broken Byzan
I have a 100 cell cat you could have Mike! It wasnt even on my car for long either!

So my car is now more powerful than yours jo jo ;)

Ohhh really? I have one on mine atm but it seems a little small. All well and good being a 100 cell but it looks a small one...

I'd like to come along. I don't think the car is running right, but I'd like to see what it's making.. Of course, my new turbo is in the making atm.. :p

Reactions: jojo and Broken Byzan