Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: No tool to take locking wheel nuts off? Help!

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Why don't you just do what I said?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Why don't you just do what I said?
    Because maybe;

- He doesn't know anybody with an Audi
    - even if anybody nearby has one, they may not be happy lending their key out
    - it may not even fit anyway

It's not just a case of 'job done' really is it.

I think everybody has said it's worth a try, but for the last time, not all Audi locking wheel nut keys are the same.

That's a myth....
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

You lot amaze me.

Continue to struggle with your lives whilst people offer help, it's fine with me. I quite enjoy watching people have a hard time, especially when the answer is so easy.

This guy has spent time, and money following other people's advice. And he still hasn't fixed the problem. When what I have suggested is free, has a high possibility of working and takes minutes.

Just man up and go find somebody with an Audi and see if their locking wheel key fits. If you were local you could use one of the four keys I have, two sourced from scrappies and two from old cars of mine where I have fitted spacers and done away with the bolts.

All of which are interchangeable.

I don't care what you say, and I don't give a **** how many times you say it. Because I'm not talking to you Tooks, I'm telling the OP how to fix his problem.

Again.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    No way I didn't know that . But there are two really common ones . I can't believe this has got this far . Common sense must not come into it .

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by audiholic ste View Post
    No way I didn't know that . But there are two really common ones . I can't believe this has got this far . Common sense must not come into it .
    The common one is ABC6, a 17 spline locking wheel key. They also do 19, 21, 15 etc etc. Count the splines, order the tool to fit.

They are all the same, if it has 17 splines, it's a 17 spline tool. Those Audi wheel nuts only changed the number of splines, not the location or frequency of the splines, they either had 17 equally spaced splines, 15 equally spaced splines, etc etc etc.

So all 17 spline Audi locking wheel keys are EXACTLY the same.

As such, I cannot see how this is a difficult problem. Assuming you can count to 21?

You count the splines, Google the number of splines followed by "Audi locking wheel key" and then you buy whatever comes up first.

Let me google that for you
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 19th February 2014 at 10:52.
    audiholic ste likes this.

Then never do them.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel

As such, I cannot see how this is a difficult problem. Assuming you can count to 21?
    I have to call a mate to count to 21 successfully, I run out of fingers and toes ;-)

Btw take a chill pill dude.....I posted up a solution which is a less detailed one as yours some 5 days ago now and still no reply back to whether this has been tried/tested

Who decided to go to Halfords and spend money on a tool that didn't even fit/work
    16Klappe likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Who decided to go to Halfords and spend money on a tool that didn't even fit/work
    Steady, all........and Kwistof, no, you are wrong, I didn't 'spend money', I took the tool back and got my money back, which was always my intention anyway so no loss whatsoever as Halfords is on the way to work.

As for 16Klappe, mate you really need to calm down. It's no major problem, there is no immediate rush. Appreciate your help but just calm it, son.

BTW, I thought the following was wonderful (and true):

'- He doesn't know anybody with an Audi
    - even if anybody nearby has one, they may not be happy lending their key out
    - it may not even fit anyway

It's not just a case of 'job done' really is it. '

4th Gear

Status
    You lot amaze me.

Continue to struggle with your lives whilst people offer help, it's fine with me. I quite enjoy watching people have a hard time, especially when the answer is so easy.

This guy has spent time, and money following other people's advice. And he still hasn't fixed the problem. When what I have suggested is free, has a high possibility of working and takes minutes.

Just man up and go find somebody with an Audi and see if their locking wheel key fits. If you were local you could use one of the four keys I have, two sourced from scrappies and two from old cars of mine where I have fitted spacers and done away with the bolts.

All of which are interchangeable.

I don't care what you say, and I don't give a **** how many times you say it. Because I'm not talking to you Tooks, I'm telling the OP how to fix his problem.

Again.
    Edit; What I really wanted to say removed for the sake of forum harmony. Learn a lot about folks by their posts....

What I will say though, first you post any Audi key will sort it 'job done', but later post detail about how there are indeed different splined keys out there. At least you've confirmed what others and I were trying to say. Which is it, make your mind up?

I know you've said you're not talking to me, which just for the record, suits me fine.
    Last edited by Tooks; 19th February 2014 at 21:26.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

1st Gear

Status
    Lol this thread has become entertaining. Lots of dramas. Wheel still stuck on the car?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sssline View Post
    Lol this thread has become entertaining. Lots of dramas. Wheel still stuck on the car?
    Ha ha, oh yes there certainly is drama aplenty isn't there?

Yep, wheel still stuck on but Im calm about it. A mechanic friend will be replacing the bolts tomorrow.

However, after re-reading 16Klappe's 'opinions', I can't help but think.....what a nobber. I think what really 'got' me was the know-all attitude he had with his comments of 'Just man up and go find somebody with an Audi and see if their locking wheel key fits'. Just for the record, 16Klappe, the reasons your comments weren't the be all and end all, are:
    1. I live in a rural area and the nearest neighbour is three miles away.
    2. I don't know of one single person in the nearest village that owns an Audi
    3. I'm not going to go further afield and knock on any Audi-owner randomers door to ask if they happen to have an Audi locking key that they can lend me, a stranger, for a night.

So manning-up has nothing to do with it. Fool.

BTW- 'I don't care what you say, and I don't give a **** how many times you say it. Because I'm not talking to you Tooks'? Real mature, man.
    VAG-Slag and Artimus like this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status

Imagine if you would have been locked out of your car.....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post

Imagine if you would have been locked out of your car.....
    Ha ha, I surely would have taken just as long for that! Lol ....or just phoned the AA!

1st Gear

Status

Red face

Hallelujah!!!!! The bolts are out!!!!
    VAG-Slag and CazzaVR like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Thank the maker! :lol:

1st Gear

Status
    Thank you ALL for your brilliant words of advice....and some witty lines too!! Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12