Oil spray from pipe to DV

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391971887256924

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391971892956079

Was about to replace the 007p with the standard item. Car feels fine but perhaps a catch can is necessary?

Any input appreciated.

Tuffty has said it's the Evap pipe - can anyone shed any more light on this? Is it just the usual oil in vac pipes from the PCV system?

Tuffty has said it's the Evap pipe - can anyone shed any more light on this? Is it just the usual oil in vac pipes from the PCV system?
Soz dude, was a skim read fail...

Copied from my FB reply...

that outlet can leak a bit on the threads which is most likely why there is oil there... oil is inevitable but I would check the throttle body and see if there is oil there.. pull the hose off and if oil is present (dripping rather than dirty) then it suggests oil is being blown though the charge system... this could be from the turbo or could be from the PCV... if you have done a catch can and not recirculating oil fumes back into the tip then its most likely the turbo... you can check by cleaning up any oil in the TB and removing the PCV into the TIP (blocking up the inlet you pulled it out from obviously) and see if the oil comes back...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: JD09
Soz dude, was a skim read fail...

Copied from my FB reply...

that outlet can leak a bit on the threads which is most likely why there is oil there... oil is inevitable but I would check the throttle body and see if there is oil there.. pull the hose off and if oil is present (dripping rather than dirty) then it suggests oil is being blown though the charge system... this could be from the turbo or could be from the PCV... if you have done a catch can and not recirculating oil fumes back into the tip then its most likely the turbo... you can check by cleaning up any oil in the TB and removing the PCV into the TIP (blocking up the inlet you pulled it out from obviously) and see if the oil comes back...

<tuffty/>

Thanks, Paul - I'll get the TB off and have a look. I cleaned it not to long ago, but it was really not dirty at all. That 007P has been on a few years and it's not got like that over night, so sounds like it's from the PCV.

The side outlet of the DV unscrews... I would remove the DV and give it a service... buy a service kit from Forge (15 ish quid) and it will )should) include the new style piston...

Unscrew the outlet and clean the DV with brake cleaner or similar... use a high temp sealant on the threads and refit... clean excess sealant off obviously... use the service kit and all should be good in the world :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: JD09
The side outlet of the DV unscrews... I would remove the DV and give it a service... buy a service kit from Forge (15 ish quid) and it will )should) include the new style piston...

Unscrew the outlet and clean the DV with brake cleaner or similar... use a high temp sealant on the threads and refit... clean excess sealant off obviously... use the service kit and all should be good in the world :)

<tuffty/>

It's being replaced with the new OEM version, Paul, but will be cleaning it up to go on eBay! Thanks as per, sorry to keep hassling!!