Centre Armrest

dgannon69

Reaction score
i've got the standard black cloth interior that comes in the 1.8T sport A3. Can anyone tell me where i'm likely to be able to get a Centre armrest and if so will i be able to fit it?

Regards
Dave

Armrest..... NO NO NO...

It's a ****** nuisance. I bruised my elbow sooo many times on the one in the S4 - definately better without.

You can neither change gear, apply the handbrake or put the seatbelt on easily with this grandad modification.

i dont have a problem in the S3 depends really on how far back your seat is. You get used to them pretty quickly to. Shifting aint a problem either.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont have a problem in the S3 depends really on how far back your seat is. You get used to them pretty quickly to. Shifting aint a problem either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a dwarf with the only tiptronic S3 in the country then!

It is just tolerable in it's "up" position, but gets comlpletely in the way when down if driving at any speed. It creates a totally unnatural angle from wrist to elbow.

I noticed this with a MK4 Golf. it was a pain and that was just trying to get it into the workshop! the old 3 series (e36) seemed to be on the right level.

auto with hill hold - yes
manual - no

[ QUOTE ]
i loved it in my A3,

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. It´s one of the more confortable extras when you´re driving in large trips.

i love them. driven a few beemers, a jag and more lately a focus cmax and i don't mind the position ur in to change gear. I don't generally thrash about. ..

anyway, can anyone tell me where i can get one now?lol

cheers

I had one in my mk4 golf and absolutely loved it!

Didn't find it a problem with it in position and would definately like another one in my S3.

Back to the original question, give vagparts a call. They sell them and are quite easy to fit.