Bose amp replacement

rupe

A3 TQS In Devon
Reaction score
Hi, Having a bit of trouble with the bose setup in my a3 quattro, getting horrible distortion sound from the front passenger door speaker.I have had the bose amp out the back, taken it apart and re-soldered the joints as I read that can be a fix sometimes, I have done this twice now just incase I didn't get one of them the first time around, but it's still sounding bad :(

My question is; do I have to replace it with another amp from an 8L or are their other models I can use the amp from to broaden my search for one and is their anything else I should be looking at incase it's not the amp?

I think the speakers have a weird impedance so you are very limited by aftermarket amps, I may be wrong but I thought this was the case.

yes your right you can't use an aftermarket amp without changing everything, I want to replace it with another bose amp, just wondering if any other audis use the same amp as the 8L?

Have you checked the door speaker to eliminate it? Maybe swap left to right.

Not sure which other Bose amps are compatible, but you could have a crack at changing the transistors in your amp if you have basic soldering skills.

I haven't tried swapping the speakers over yet, will give that a go I think, are the door cards fairly straight forward to get off?

I could have a go at swapping bits in the amp but maybe stabbing in the dark a bit?