Small Mod thread (and hope little help and points in the right direction)

Drewvic

Reaction score
well im a newbie to the site

ive owned a 2002 audi a3 1.8t Quattro for the last 2 months, im very new to the audi scene usually been a ford man
but upto now im loving every min of owning the car

so upto now what ive done

vented and grooved discs and pads all round
lowered 40mm all round
fmic
tinted rear lights

and just had a remap by local company called hammerton remaps and tuning which has took the car to 246 bhp

but heres why im hoping you nice people can help me or point me in the right direction

been reading about N75 What is this???? and what are the benefits of getting rid???

can anyone help me in reference to my puddle lights the red lights on the doors and boot light, these aren't working on the car, all the interior lights are working when open and shut doors etc

and for now what you people think I should maybe look at doing next??

Audi557975 1431218023766884 248972009 n1391697 1431218070433546 958177668 n1000293 1428000974088589 770942140 nAudi build

Last edited:
the N75 controls the wastegate. you can't get rid.

boot lights not working will prob be the microswitch in the lock. try bridging the wires together to see if the lights come on.

if its not the bulbs in the door cards will prob be the microswitchs in the locks aswell. common fault

...been reading about N75 What is this???? and what are the benefits of getting rid???

I think you mean N249... N75 is boost control valve and you don't want to be getting rid of that :)

N249 bypass gets rid of a bunch of pipe work and is typically done if tidying the engine bay up a bit to get rid of problematic pipes that split etc... can make DV operation a little sharper but the ECU looses its control of dumping boost as the N249 is part of the safety features of the engine... not a massive issue but removing can also affect part throttle drivability...

...can anyone help me in reference to my puddle lights the red lights on the doors and boot light, these aren't working on the car, all the interior lights are working when open and shut doors etc

Checked the bulbs?

...and for now what you people think I should maybe look at doing next??

As you have '246hp' not much without going for a larger turbo of some description... there is a load of info in the FAQs on tuning K03 based engines and quite a few build threads to read through on getting more power from hybrid turbos, turbo swaps and big turbo conversions...

Depends what your aspirations vs depth of pocket is :)

<tuffty/>

Well thankyou for the replies so far
tuffty a couple of things
I have checked all the bulbs
as jay has saind something about micro switches any idea on where and what these look like so I can have a look tomorrow
ko3 I take is the turbo but im pretty sure mine is ko4??

what would be your take and advice then on the n249 would you keep get rid??

and yeah I was thinking that after I get xmas out the way the next step will be a bigger turbo and better set up as the power I have now is good but I want a lot more haha:hubbahubba:

Well thankyou for the replies so far
tuffty a couple of things
I have checked all the bulbs
as jay has saind something about micro switches any idea on where and what these look like so I can have a look tomorrow
ko3 I take is the turbo but im pretty sure mine is ko4??

what would be your take and advice then on the n249 would you keep get rid??

and yeah I was thinking that after I get xmas out the way the next step will be a bigger turbo and better set up as the power I have now is good but I want a lot more haha:hubbahubba:

A3's come with K03's (or K03s)... if you have a K04 then someone has retro fitted it...

I wouldn't worry too much about the N249 at this time.. wait until you have decided what you are doing turbo wise and sort it all out then...

There are guides in the FAQs sticky if you wish to proceed.... your choice if you do it tbh, doesn't make a massive difference at this level of tune..

<tuffty/>

haha thanks for that I have just checked through the receipts and it had a brand new ko3s put on 5 months ago
tuffty I have been reading your stickys and mod section and may I say you seem a very dedicated man and thankyou for the time you put into to posting and helping seems I my learn a lot from your post for the future
and stroll on after xmas then to look into the next stage

im just hoping that for now I can get the little bits sorted like theses ****** puddle lights and footweel lights etc, little things that don't work always niggle at me haha

Reactions: <tuffty/>
hahahaha love it yeah defo I slippery slope and defo going to empty my pockets AGIAN lol

ha I knew there was something else to add to my niggles list

the little red lights on the door pins don't work
the central locking works and the indicators flash put the red lights I take being the alarm lights don't any ideas???

also going to find someone close I hope that will make me some blue hoses to come off the sides of the fmic

check the stickies but imo if your already wanting a bit more power before you spend too much on parts for the ko3s get a ko4 or bigger and work from there otherwise ur be staying at 246bhp

hahahaha love it yeah defo I slippery slope and defo going to empty my pockets AGIAN lol

ha I knew there was something else to add to my niggles list

the little red lights on the door pins don't work
the central locking works and the indicators flash put the red lights I take being the alarm lights don't any ideas???

also going to find someone close I hope that will make me some blue hoses to come off the sides of the fmic

I'd try scanning for fault codes... could be a central convenience module issue maybe...

<tuffty/>

246?! Nice
Higher figure than jardo got

Reactions: A3-Lee
well to add to my modding list been to the scrappy today for a few odds and ends to find to new additions to the audi part that being a pre facelift and a facelift a3 turbo opens the doors to find a little prezzie for myself whoop
View attachment 22878
so now I have to work out wether to put this in mine as the whole unti or strip iot and refit into my original coz it was a right pain in the backside to get out
had to remove glove box all the surround around the bottom of the steering wheel
hmmmmmm decisions decisions

also im looking into a boost guage pod for mine so going to look into some of those and im rather intrigues by this liquid gage that somep eople keep going on about anyone enlighten me on this

well to add to my modding list been to the scrappy today for a few odds and ends to find to new additions to the audi part that being a pre facelift and a facelift a3 turbo opens the doors to find a little prezzie for myself whoop
View attachment 22878
so now I have to work out wether to put this in mine as the whole unti or strip iot and refit into my original coz it was a right pain in the backside to get out
had to remove glove box all the surround around the bottom of the steering wheel
hmmmmmm decisions decisions

also im looking into a boost guage pod for mine so going to look into some of those and im rather intrigues by this liquid gage that somep eople keep going on about anyone enlighten me on this

Boost gauge and liquid gauge info is in the FAQs mate...

<tuffty/>

cheers tuffty yeah im just looking into it now
wow you really do help a lot
certainly liking that boost guage you have nive and the way it lights up same as the car lights nice:yum:

oh and you don't by any chance have a link atal to where I can buy the liquid gauge thanks mate

Yeah found it mate and jusy purchased also just bought boost guage and pod holder as well whoop stroll on the post man

now do I carry on this thread if I have another issue to resolve or do I start a new one???
looks like the car is starting with another issue now
have noticed now since this morning that the car is fluctuating in temp, ive just come home and looked to see it sat at just below 70 came to some traffic lights and it rose a little carried on my jourfney rose to 90 sat there for abit then went down to 70 hmmmmmm what is this is this a stat issue??

oki doke thankyou for that I will see if there is anything on here showing roughly where they are:icon_thumright:

Wahoo brembo calipers have turned up off to my friemds garage I think to borrow the ramps also think om going to take the sump off today after reading some scary threads

does anyone know if there is a feature on a 2002 that when you open the car auto lights come on??

oh well thanks for that bud
right well time to have a look to see if anyone has a vagcom for sale

just a little update aswell car has been a little problematic recently bolts keep working thereselves loose between the turbo and the down pipe so been to the garage got it up on the ramps to find that the previous owner has been having a mess around and not put the bracket on for support grrrrrrr so time to find a bracket anyone that may have one lying around then please feel free to let me know

think next week going to be a detail week aswell ready for the winter so time to have a look around to find the best products

Niki's dyno, which as we all know is about as reliable as the clockwork efficiency of your product launches.

:beerchug:
Very good, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was that good you could not wait to get rid? Just because it wasnt dynoed at certain tuners doesnt mean it is false, or do you live in a small bubble?

Reactions: m19lte
Very good, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was that good you could not wait to get rid? Just because it wasnt dynoed at certain tuners doesnt mean it is false, or do you live in a small bubble?

Couldn't wait to get rid of it? Are you dizzy?

Like hell a car of that spec, flashed with some spivvy remap from somebody we've never heard of is doing to be 246bhp.

And yes, if it was dyno'd at Niki's it's right. Everyone knows that.

This place is going soft. Or have you replaced the northern lot single handedly?

Last edited:
Couldn't wait to get rid of it? Are you dizzy?

Like hell a car of that spec, flashed with some spivvy remap from somebody we've never heard of is doing to be 246bhp.

And yes, if it was dyno'd at Niki's it's right. Everyone knows that.

This place is going soft. Or have you replaced the northern lot single handedly?

:) I haven't even got my reel on the pole yet....your slacking jardo...