'99 S3 cut out upon warm start up

willh92

Reaction score
Hi,

just got my T reg S3 and drove about 15 miles earlier and was parked up for half an hour before starting it up again. I tried to start it twice and it cut out straight away both times. If I didn't give it a bit of throttle the third time it would have done the same again.

Not done this before, anyone have any suggestions? I've read about maybe being the immobiliser or something to do with the key?

thanks.

will

Could be lots of things, a scan with VCDS might help, on the mk4 golf its a 409relay on its knees, but could be a coolant temp sensor, coil pack, fuel pump any thing tbh

Could be lots of things, a scan with VCDS might help, on the mk4 golf its a 409relay on its knees, but could be a coolant temp sensor, coil pack, fuel pump any thing tbh

thanks for the advice! I don't know anyone with the VCDS software so if it persists I'll book it in at Audi for a diagnostics test.

Will ,have a look on the VCDS users map to see if there is anyone near to you who can scan the car.

Could be the engine speed sensor. Mine did a similar thing scanned it and it came up with that. Replaced it and all is well.