Car hesitates on low revs ??

bree9482

Reaction score
Hi guys was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue am haing at the moment.

Please dont get angry and leave when i tell you the car lol I had an audi until recently and have tried the other thread, but this 1 is hands and feet aboe the "other" 1 lol.

Ok so its a 2002 Seat Leon cupra, AUQ engine. Its had the s2k airfilter and thats it !!

There is a bosch MAF in there and still on the OEM DV.

On WOT it pulls fine, on really low revs in 1rst and 2nd, it sometimes feels like someone has tapped the brakes breifly and then it jjst carries on ??

No fault codes, no dash lights.

Just a punt but the other day i thought i heard it dump when t hesitated ?? Possible DV failure ??

Cheers

Definitely no fault codes? sounds like the ECU is intervening... typically an over boost issue... sounds like throttle cut/boost dump initiated by the ECU to protect the engine..

<tuffty/>

Definitely no fault codes? sounds like the ECU is intervening... typically an over boost issue... sounds like throttle cut/boost dump initiated by the ECU to protect the engine..

<tuffty/>

Hi tuffy, i was hopng you would reply thanks !!

The EML is not on so im assuming there would be no flags at the ECU to trigger the EML ??

I have vcds lite, should l try that ??

Also i should have said on the initial post, its an intermitant problem its not constant !!

Thaanks mate

Just because the CEL isn't on doesn't mean no fault codes mate... scan it with VCDS lite... the meanings of the fault codes can be found at the Ross Tech Wiki (Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki)

Post the results..

<tuffty/>

Hi tuffty, l was out collecting the wife sorry. Ok i just done a scan, just an auto scan and here are the results:

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2
Monday, 16 September 2013, 14:33:06.

Chassis Type: 1M - Seat Leon/Toledo
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,19,22,35,36,37,46,56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine Labels: 06A-906-032-AJQ.LBL
Controller: 06A 906 032 MJ
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
Coding: 11510
Shop #: WSC 80178
VCID: 729759CB2DB7
VSSZZZ1MZ3R036000 SEZ7Z0B1625363
No fault code found.
Readiness: 0000 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1C0-907-37x-ASR.LBL
Controller: 1C0 907 379 K
Component: ASR FRONT MK60 0103
Coding: 0022017
Shop #: WSC 00001
VCID: 321799CBED37
No fault code found.

I have a bosch dv from the audi, which i know was 100%. Should l change over and see if it helps.

I should also add, its just had 4 new coil pack as per the recall. The issue was present beforehand anyways !!

Cheers

My S3 did something similar, close to 2000rpm, and after searching and testing, it was the MAF (one more time).

Try to swap a healthy MAF and see if it still happens

My S3 did something similar, close to 2000rpm, and after searching and testing, it was the MAF (one more time).

Try to swap a healthy MAF and see if it still happens

:( I had just done 1 on my audi, is there anyway to confirm without buying a new 1 for no reason ??

Cheers