PRE ADI checklist

audiholic ste

Reaction score
Can someone sort out a comprehensive checklist of what to check and service before ADI . I have what I'm led to believe is a standard s3 8l 2000year . I would appreciate a small list of basic mods to do before ADI . Any amount of help would be great cheers in advance Steve .

1. Oil + Filter
  2. Coolant
  3. Screen wash
  4. Clean it
  5. Check tyres
  6. Check pressures
  7. Scan for codes
  8. Clean it again
  9. Don't mod it for the sake of it!

Can someone sort out a comprehensive checklist of what to check and service before ADI . I have what I'm led to believe is a standard s3 8l 2000year . I would appreciate a small list of basic mods to do before ADI . Any amount of help would be great cheers in advance Steve .

Check oil and coolant levels and tyre pressure are the main ones, depends on if you trust your car or not? If you are comfortable of driving your car hard occasionally out on the road, then I see no reason why it won't last 15 minutes of track work.

My tips out on the track though, is to take it easy for the first lap to warm things up, then go for it from the 2nd lap onwards! You will get a flag to tell you when your last lap is, then just coast back, preferably off boost and use little brakes as possible to cool things down. When you park up, don't switch the engine off, keep it running for 5 minutes or so and pop the bonnet to aid cooling, and don't put your hand brake on neither.

Are you going on the track? If so BRAKES!

If they need anything, replace it, and put some good pads and at least some decent fluid in there.
First time i went id fitted new pads, oil and filter, gearbox oil, diff oil, haldex oil, alignment, plugs.

The only issue i had was my brakes, but mine were stock, no fancy pads or fluid, just brembo pads. It ruins the fun, and the drive home

Are you going on the track? If so BRAKES!

If they need anything, replace it, and put some good pads and at least some decent fluid in there.
First time i went id fitted new pads, oil and filter, gearbox oil, diff oil, haldex oil, alignment, plugs.

The only issue i had was my brakes, but mine were stock, no fancy pads or fluid, just brembo pads. It ruins the fun, and the drive home

Karl, he's doing one session @ADI, I doubt very much he will cook his brakes in one 15 minute session, not with standard power anyways.

But yes, check your brakes! Lol

Depends how you drive I guess Joe, I'd ruin a set of standard s3 brakes by the second lap!

No superhero driving . Brakes are brand new . I'll check everything over but there is no point washing it and washing it I've got a long drive from Manchester down to the track . The car is going for detailing soon . Swapping labour and some industrial door parts for a detail . I love swaps and not parting with my hard earned cash .