Boost/fuel cut problems :( pi**ed off!!!!

Flemboy1990

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help having problems with the s3 boost or fuel cut problems when I put my foot down, the obd reader I have has given me the codes 16684 & 16686 also I have a readiness test which is telling me that the catalyst, EVAP sys, and O2 sensor are failing any help would be much appreciated, jus wondering if there a a main culprit that would cause this rather than changing loads of sensors :S

cheers flemboy

16686/P0302/000770 - Ross-Tech Wiki
16686/P0302/000770 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
Possible Causes

Ignition system
Fuel injectors
Fuel pressure
Running out of fuel
EVAP canister purge valve
Evaporative emission system
Low compression
Base engine problems
Controle Module damaged

16684/P0300/000768 - Ross-Tech Wiki
16684/P0300/000768 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
Possible Causes

Air Intake System leaking
Fuel Supply faulty
Injector(s) faulty
Ignition Cable(s) and/or Spark Plug(s) faulty
Ignition Coil(s) faulty
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) stuck/open
Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Misfire Recognition
Check Air Intake System
Check Fuel Supply
Check Injector(s) and Injector Sealing
Check Ignition Cable(s) and Spark Plug(s)
Check Ignition Coil(s)
Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18)
Check Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)

I would say a fault coil pack...

What year/engine code S3?

<tuffty/>

It's a BAM engine on an 02 plate, reckon faulty coil pack isir? It's only under full throttle really starts at about 2.8k at full throttle where I'm guessing its at full boost, I haven't got a PCV valve, n249 is bypassed so a lot of vacuum hoses are gone, whenever I've had a split hose on other cars its just a loss of power rather than boost or fuel cut so I don't think it's that really, could the heat effect anything?

I moved coup pack 2 to 3 cleared the codes that where in there and drove it but the code hasn't come back, still doing it though but it seems to be constant now at the same revs regardless of throttle position, don't think it was driven for long enough though so when I drive to work tomorrow ill check it then aswell try and determine if its a coil or not

Now I'm no expert , but the first thing that pops into my head is you had a problem with what seems like a coil pack which was a a given rpm upwards and you've now unplugged coil packs and now the problem is across the rev range SO I suggest check your coil pack loom , my reasoning is if your loom was suffering the common breakdown problem you may well have disturbed some already suspect insulation and inadvertently made things worse !
Could be wrong but wort a check ?
Baz