bad kwik fit

daro

Reaction score
hi evryone i bought an audi a3 1.8t like month ago and me likey :D
but as first thing comes i had to do service as god knows when waas really done i have books for it but you know how it is
so i went to local kwik fit station for full service, front pads and wheeel alignment as car was keep going to the left. and that was my first and last visit.
first of all guy who runn the show there showed me front worn tires and said the rear ones are cracked and need replacement aswell i was like hmmmm.
then he said cant fit pads in as discs are not to spec 0.6mm to be exact and they need replacement. fair play to younger lads working there they said i can fit new pads as discs have still some life in them.
now at this point i knew he will start to sell me more and more stuff so i just said to him to do service and whell alighment only
service done and tracking done also so i paid the bill and went home on the way home car did same thing it kept going to the left i was like wtf..... i was wondering how they did tracking if they didnt jack the car up.....
rant over
now anyone know any good garage near me i live in twickhenham/isleworth area

Your lucky, I came out with a loose inlet manifold and loud whistling noises! Kwikfit for aircon regas ant tyres only for me.

but as first thing comes i had to do service as god knows when waas really done i have books for it but you know how it is
so i went to local kwik fit station for full service, front pads and wheeel alignment as car was keep going to the left. and that was my first and last visit.
first of all guy who runn the show there showed me front worn tires and said the rear ones are cracked and need replacement aswell i was like hmmmm.
then he said cant fit pads in as discs are not to spec 0.6mm to be exact and they need replacement. fair play to younger lads working there they said i can fit new pads as discs have still some life in them.
now at this point i knew he will start to sell me more and more stuff so i just said to him to do service and whell alighment only
service done and tracking done also so i paid the bill and went home on the way home car did same thing it kept going to the left i was like wtf..... i was wondering how they did tracking if they didnt jack the car up.....
rant over

Went for an MOT at quickfit day before yesterday. They said 5 different things needed doing to pass the MOT and it would cost over £400 to fix. I was not happy as you can imagine. I told my friend who had gotten a MOT from quickfit some time ago. They told him his exhaust needed replacing as it was rusted through. He took the car home got it on a jack. He hit the exhaust a few times and the rust fell off. He took the car back the following day and they passed it??? This from the people who insisted he needed a new exhaust. So after hearing this I went to another garage the following day amd got another MOT. Guess what?? This garage said only two things wrong and under £200 to fix. Says it all about quickfit. Was thinking of reporting the branch to the DVLA but then realised whats the point as I am only going to put myself in the firing line and nothing for me to gain by doing it. Moral of the story. NEVER USE ****FIT. Well that is unless you want to get robbed lol.

kiwkfit only for tyres averything else do yourself or use a good local garge, make friends with them allways helps too

im amazed ppl still use kwak fit

yeah thanks guys im looking for friendly local garage now and if i could do some work there on my car it would be a bonus

yeah thanks guys im looking for friendly local garage now and if i could do some work there on my car it would be a bonus

Put a new post up asking for a decent garage in your area. Someone will respond.

i have to partially disagree!
kwikfit done my air con re-gas for £29 when on offer, and if they could not charge the system because of a leak or something, then no charge!
they did and it works brilliantly! thank ****!
as for tyres, tracking, exhausts etc, no thanks there pants! :o.k: but for air con they are pretty good!

rant over

I had issues with them and my previous car. I only went in for tracking and they tried to sell me, discs, pads, tyres etc.
I said i only wanted the tracking done simple as that! So the car went into there workshop. They carried out the tracking as i sat in the waiting area. Time passed and they finished, i heard my car start up again and then CRASH!!! I looked through the window to find they had reversed my car into a 5m tall ladder which they used to get tyres from stock shelves and luckily it had just missed falling on my roof. Inspected the car and luckily no dammage to the bumper but if that had fallen on the car i would fefinitley had a large dent and paint damage! Anyway i thought i should get out of there before something else went wrong! The attitude of the workers and the working atmosphere in the workshop was like a playground. Pretending to shoot eachother with an air gun was one of many things to see. So i paid the bill got into the car and drove down the road.......... took a left turn and re straightened the wheel to find it completlet off centre and the car pulling to one side. Whipped round the roundabout and took it back, after moaning for another ten minuites i got them to redo it without hitting a ladder this time! Lets just say i will not be using them again and since having the s3 i stay well clear!

true got my brakes sorted today guys did nice job they even used coper grease :D